Chapter 2: Taking Things Off The Mind

*stephs pov*

I was awoken by Ayesha playing with my hair in bed. I always loved it when she did this.

"Good morning my love." She said with a smile on her face.

"Good morning baby." I said giving her a small peck.

"Soo, what are we doing today?" 

"I was thinking maybe take a walk to the park to get everything off our minds." 

"Sounds good to me." 

Ayesha stopped playing with my hair and sat up and stretched while I continued to lay there with a frown on my face.

"What?" Ayesha asked furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"You stopped playing with my hair." I said turning my back towards her and pretending to be angry.

"Steph cmonnn." 

"No."

"Steph."

I then began to cross my arms in a playful way and she finally gave in and got back in bed with me.

"Come here." She said sighing.

A smile then appeared on my face so I turned to face her and began to cuddle her while she played with my hair again.

"We gotta get ready soon Steph before it rains baby." She said playing with my hair just the way I like it.

"I know but please a few more minutes." I said putting my head on her chest.

"5 minutes."

"Deal."

I then began to fall asleep again not even noticing it because every time she plays with my hair it always makes me so sleepy. She does it so well man.

"Steph baby." Ayesha said while kissing my forehead trying to wake me up.

"It's already 5 minutes?" I asked sleepily knowing that's why she's trying to wake me up.

"Yep and that also means we gotta get ready for the day love." 

"Ughhh." I began to groan. I wanted to go out with her but I was so damn tired that I couldn't even move.

"Cmon Steph, you know you love going out." She began to chuckle as she made her way to our bathroom and I nodded in agreement with her.

"She got a point." I whispered as I got up and stretched.

Ayesha was in the shower, while I was still tryna wake up.

"Babygirl, Imma go outside and get some fresh air and try to wake up." I yelled as I ran down stairs.

"Okay!" She yelled back.

I didn't even realize that I was shirtless while I sat outside, taking in some sun.

"Today is such a beautiful day. Too bad It's gonna rain in a few though." 

Few minutes later, Ayesha walked downstairs dressed up fine as hell.

"Stephhh." She began to get upset with me.

"Yeah?" I turned around to see her and admired her.

"You gotta get ready baby, we gotta leave soon. Why are you still out here anyway."

"Taking in some Vitamin D baby doll." I winked at her as I got up and caressed her cheek.

When I got ready, I seen Ayesha staring at me at the door. 

"Esha what you doing standing there?" I asked as I looked at her.

"Just admiring my handsome husband." She began to walk closer to me.

"Like what you see huh?" I said as I began to smirk at her

"You know I do."

I put my hands on her waist and stared deeply into her eyes.

"You are such a blessing to me baby." I pulled her into a passionate kiss.

We stayed in that position for a bit until we heard rain drops hit our roof.

Ayesha pulled from the kiss as she heard the rain and began to chuckle.

"Guess today wasn't our day." She smiled.

"That's okay babygirl, getting a little wet don't hurt." I grabed her hand and ran downstairs with her.

"Steph don't do what I think you're doing!"

We ran outside in the rain as she squealed when the rain got her hair wet.

"My hair's wet!" She pouted as I laughed.

I picked her up and twirled her in the air as the rain hit us both.

"Isn't this fun?" I asked her, then I seen a smile appear on her face.

"Okay yeah this is fun." Ayesha said as she laughed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

We played in the rain till we couldn't stand being wet and went inside soaked.

"That was pretty fun Steph."

"I told my ideas are awesome." She playfully hit my arm as she smiled and I chuckled.

"Now, who's ready for some dinner?"

"ME!" I exclaimed as I raised my arm in the air like a child.

"Obviously." She laughed.

After we had dinner, we got changed out of our wet clothes and into something more comfortable.

We cuddled on the couch as we watched movies since it was a rainy day.

"Esha."

"Hm?"

"Remember when I asked you out?" 

"Oh yes. That's a day that I will never forget."

"I love you so so much." I kissed her forehead.

"I love you more Steph."

"No no no, I love you more." I began to look at her like she was crazy but in a playful way.

"Nopeee, me."

"Don't play with me woman." I grabbed a pillow as I laughed.

"Bring it on Wardell." Ayesha said laughing with me as she grabbed a pillow as well.

We both had a pillow fight and enjoying every moment of it.

"Ow.." Ayesha said laying on the couch pretending to be hurt.

"Baby did I hurt you?" I became worried as I went towards her immediately 

She began to laugh as she hit me.

"Oh you're so getting it." I picked her up bridal style and carried her upstairs.

That was the best rainy day ever.