waking her for cuddles

You caught one more glimpse of the time on the clock before you closed your heavy eyes.

Finally, you were tired enough to get some sleep.

It's after three in the morning and you're feeling so relieved that after spending the last couple of hours wide awake, you're tired enough to get a few hours of sleep before your busy day tomorrow.

With Nicole's warm arms wrapped around you, you thought you'd fall asleep in no time. You felt secure and cozy in her embrace and you found comfort in the soft breaths falling from her lips as she continues to sleep deeply.

You were just about to drift off to sleep when, all of a sudden, to your dismay, a soft sound fell from Nicole's lips and she unwrapped her arms from around you as she rolled over to lay on her side, her back now facing you.

You felt all the warmth and comfort disappear and your eyes flew open.

You were still a little sleepy but you had a feeling that without her arms around you, you still wouldn't be able to fall asleep for a bit.

"Nicole?" You tiredly spoke as you reached out for her. "Babe? Are you awake?"

She let out a couple of sounds as you put your hand on her back but she didn't wake up right away.

"Nicole? Please wake up."

You gently shook her until her eyes opened.

"Y/N," She groaned as she turned over to lay on her back. "Why are you waking me up? I'm sleepy."

"I know. I'm sorry but I haven't gotten any sleep yet and I was about to get some rest when you let me go and now I don't know if I can sleep."

"Oh, baby." She softly spoke.

"Can you cuddle me?"

"You woke me for cuddles, cutie?" She chuckled and you nodded your head. "That's so adorable. Of course I'll cuddle you. Come here, baby."

You scooted over to her and put your head on her chest while she tangled her legs with yours.

"Are you warm enough? Do you have enough of the blanket? I'm not hogging it, am I?"

"No." You giggled. "I'm good... now."

"As sweet as I find it that you woke me for cuddles, you don't ever have to ask. If that happens again, roll me over and throw your arms around me."

You laughed quietly, her heart fluttering from the sound.

"I'm serious." She said as she rubbed your back. "I'm always happy to cuddle you, my girl. You never have to worry. Okay?"

"Okay." You said before yawning.

"Are you still tired enough to fall asleep?"

"Yeah." You sleepily said.

"Good. Get some rest, baby. I love you lots and hope you have sweet dreams."

"You too, babe. I love you more."

She shook her head and listened to you breathe as you slipped into a deep sleep, finally.

"Impossible." She smiled before she closed her eyes and fell back asleep with you in her arms once more.