Update: April 14, 2015

So. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.
Anyone heard of it?
Basically, I was watching YouTube videos today, and I had heard of the book a few months back and added it to my TBR. An ad comes up before the video I'm watching, and it has this cutest little music in the background, and then Link from Beautiful Creatures comes on the screen and starts explaining the story.
A girl in town has been diagnosed with leukemia. Link's mom wants him to cheer her up. She tries to shut everyone out because she doesn't want their pity, and doesn't want anyone to know she has cancer. Link introduces girl to his friend Earl, and the three of them form a cute little friendship.
I don't know if you guys have heard of enough of my story to be able to tell the problem with this-UM, THIS IS MY STORY. Finn moves to a town in which a girl, who has shut everyone out and will not speak, has cancer. Jen explains that she doesn't want pity and does not want anyone to know. Finn introduces Jen to Drew and they all become friends.
I've been driving myself crazy all day. My story is essentially nothing more than a mix between The Fault In Our Stars and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.
So, this story is going to need a lot of rethinking. I'm going to have to outline soon, and decide exactly where I want to go. I'm going to have to find a way to make it unique... I think I can do it. I REALLY want to make this work.
So, that's my update. I'm on spring break, and I'm swamped with so much homework that it's not really a break... oh well. I can sleep late.
I am so excited to read/see Me and Earl. I'm so excited. I can't stop watching the trailer.
Have any of you read it?! Are any of you as excited as I am?!