Chapter 2

Walking through the burning forest, Elmo smiles, not thinking of anything else. Elmo hums, singing "la, la, la" on repeat. There's a bounce in his walk. All around him are flames. Flames, Flames, Flames. All Elmo sees are flames. The fire calls him. It's makes him excited. Makes him think. Makes him feel certain ways. Elmo smiles in a creepy way, he sang to himself quietly, "Elmo's world.." It seems someone heard him, Elmo saw a big shadow, shaped like a bird. The shadow emerges and it's.. Big Bird. He walks out with a gallon of gasoline and starts to slowly pour it and drink the rest. Elmo yells at him, "Thank you." When Elmo hops away, happy, he hears choking behind him. Big Bird falls and dies from overdose behind him. Elmo doesn't care, Elmo is happy.

Elmo reaches the end of the forest, skipping with glee. He walks across the street, it was quite difficult because the fire reached the dumpsters nearby. Elmo walks down a few blocks and finds a strip club. He walks in to see Cookie Monster dancing on a pole in front of him. Elmo didn't like the fact that he saw his best friend there so he left, traumatized. Elmo walked down the street to an old neighborhood and, of course, set it on fire. He and the flames decided they wanted to do something fun, they tried to play cards... the cards crumbled to ashes. They tried many things, but the fire demolished everything. Then elmo decided to show arson his prized possession. His dad's old gasoline tank, it was the last thing he has of his father, since his father went to get milk from the store five years ago. Arson immediately was mesmerized by the shiny reflection of his own face, and touched the tank, combustion it in flames. Elmo, was upset to say the least. Though arson didn't mean to combust the last thing Elmo had of his dad, Elmo was still upset. He ran, ran farther and faster than he ever had before. He shut his eyes, tears dripping down his face.

Elmo trips over something, and falls onto something.. warm? He opens his eyes and slowly but surely his vision comes to see a green frog under him. The green frog said to him, "My name is Kermit, you?" Elmo heard his voice and got weirded out. He refused to answer. There was awkward silence for a while. Eventually, Kermit asked again. Elmo stared at Kermit. "Elmo the names Elmo" he said. Kermit stared at him back. Elmo leaned in to his face, Kermit leaned in too. Their lips made contact. Elmo ran and never saw Kermit again, or so he thought.

Elmo sat on a tree stump, surrounded by the burned forest, the crimes he committed. He realized in that moment of kissing Kermit that arson was the only one for him.