Chapter 4: Things Change.

Sorry about the wait, loves. School's been a bitch and I haven't had time to update.

Here's the next chappie :)

***
Even faking a smile can make you happier. :-)

***

Dylan.

No, it couldn't be.

But it was. I could see her face better as she moved closer. Her hair was straightened, the exact opposite of how she'd had it all those years ago. She was wearing what appeared to be designer clothes, all in a sickening shade of neon green.

I glare at Lexi, "What the fuck happened while I was gone?"

She looks a bit frightened as she answers, "Well, when you left, Dylan was extremely upset. She decided she wanted to "get even", as she put it, and figured the only way to do so was by becoming Cassidy's BFF, that way, if you returned, you would feel how she did when you left."

Oh, this bitch was going to get it. I start to stand, but Lexi quickly grabs my hand.

"Sarah, you don't simply just walk up to Cassidy or Dylan. Doing that is like asking for a death wish on your social life." I shake my hand free of her grasp and sigh.

"You're right, I'll just ignore her. She doesn't deserve my attention." I give a satisfied nod and open my bag of Doritos. As I start eating, Lexi motions for a group consisting of two girls and three guys to join us.

After a few moments of awkward silence as they arrived at the table, introductions were made. I get to meet James- Lexi's boyfriend, Julia- the shy one, Hunter- Julia's boyfriend who's also shy, Katie- the gossip, and her boyfriend Kyle- the prankster.

We all hit it off pretty well, and I even got to tell them about my departure from Hill Creek.

Halfway through lunch, I notice the girls all fixing their hair and looking towards the side entrance.
I turn to James who is sitting to my left and ask, "What, or should I say who, are they looking for?"

"Ross Parker," he grumbles in my ear, and I can tell he's not happy his girlfriend is giving so much attention to another guy. Truthfully, all of the males at the table look annoyed.

"Ross Parker?" I ask. "You mean the nerd, Giovanni Lucas' best friend?" I give him a confused look. Surely my friends couldn't be that desperate.

James gives me a look and says, "Things change."

As I think about the statement, the door opens. What I see makes my eyes pop out of my head, and my jaw hit the floor.

First enters two blonde guys. They are pretty attractive, with sun-kissed skin and hazel eyes. They're so similar looking, and I'm pretty sure they're brothers. Following them is what has to be the hottest human being in the universe.

I mean, I feel like he's the sun, and I can't look directly at him or else I'll go blind.

He has jet black hair that falls in front of his face perfectly, his eyes hold amusement and authority with a sense of mystery, and on his face is a seductive smile. From what I can see, his buff arms are adorned with a few tattoos of random things. I see one of an ace and spade, and for a reason that remains unclear, I want to get a closer look.

But, of course, I can't. I shouldn't even be ogling another guy since I'm still dating Jesse. Our relationship will last, no matter the distance between us. I'll make sure of it, even if it means I need to wear a blindfold every time there's even the slightest possibility of running into the opposite gender.

Hunter pulls me out of my relationship thoughts when he uses a girly voice and says, "Oh look, the school's bad boy and his two lackeys are headed our way. I need to fix my makeup, or else I won't be able to impress him, even though I already have a boyfriend who loves me the way I am!"

The other guys snort at his imitation, while the girls all pout.

Katie looks as though she's about to give a snarky retort, when she's cut short by the arrival the "bad boys" themselves.

"Hey girls, how are ya?" The taller of the blondes asks. I notice Lexi, Katie and Julia gulp, and give him flirty smiles. I just roll my eyes.

When I look towards Ross, I notice he's looking directly at me, his face filled with a look of interest. I squirm under his gaze, but try my hardest not to let him notice.

"You must be new, 'cause I sure would have remembered you." He winks at me and gives me a smirk.

Although it doesn't show on the outside, I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West, I'm melting so much.

"I'm not completely new. You might remember me, Sarah Vargo?" As soon as I say my name, his expression hardens.

"Well then, in that case, welcome back, Sarah." The way he says my name gives me the chills, but not in a good way. The way he said it was filled with loathing. Before I get a chance to question further, he's gone, along with his two buddies.

"Well that was..." I start off.

"Strange?" James asks.

"Intense?" Julia suggests.

"Hilarious?" We all look at Hunter with questioning expressions after he says this.

Suddenly, the lunch bell rings, and as the others leave, I'm left to ponder over the events that just occurred. Why did Ross seem to hate me? What did I ever do to him? I try wracking my brain for an answer, but end up with nothing.

Oh well, I think. I'll just have to ask around and see if I can figure it out myself.

With that, I head towards my next class.

***

Let me know what y'all think and make sure to vote!

I'll try my hardest to get the next chapter up quicker.

Ciao,
~Tcrown