so pretty; you make me nauseous

1.

Jaehyun finds Juyeon pretty from the start.

Despite the cold exterior that the younger has, the big build, feline-like eyes and everything that others would simply dismiss as threatening, scary or intimidating , Jaehyun finds Juyeon pretty more than cold; a gentle person by nature, not one to scare others.

First impressions be damned; Jaehyun reckons that Juyeon is one of the purest people he has ever met and there's no doubt to that at all in his mind.

Big hands that are so warm when held in Jaehyun's own hands, or even the vice versa where Juyeon would be the one enveloping Jaehyun's own pair, and a trait of perhaps acting a little slower compared to others, reacting a few moments late, Jaehyun finds it all so strangely enduring.

And pretty, as well.

Pretty, again .

It's adorable when the other members are already making their loud reactions during their first time charting high with Checkmate whilst Juyeon is still squinting at the screen, unsure of what's happening till seconds later he also bursts into bouts of surprise and celebrates along with the other members; or perhaps when the director shouts cut at the end of their choreography scene and the others would collapse dramatically onto the floor out of exhaustion or walk off stage, Juyeon would stand there for a moment or so simply lost in his thoughts as if zoning out.

Jaehyun finds that the state of Juyeon being like that is pretty, a little too pretty, at how Juyeon's eyes would be out of focus for a moment or two, looking at nothing, and how the younger's body would relax and go still. It's a gentle scene–a scene of tranquillity that showcases the calm nature of Juyeon.

Perhaps even the world is going too fast and Juyeon was the only one indulging in the correct timings.

As Jaehyun notices a lot, Juyeon takes his time with things. The sheer size of Juyeon's hands prevent him from doing anything in a hasty manner, with the exception of the mere size that allows for everything to be swallowed in one grip then dropped, because when he tries to do anything fast with the hands, it starts to become a mess: things fall apart, things drop to the floor--sometimes even shattering with a loud deafening sound that echoes throughout the entire room and sends everyone into silence, even the directors from behind the cameras--, and just every single other thing just becomes destroyed with Juyeon's big hands when he tries to do things too fast.

Juyeon notices and realises this fact for one, at how, yet again as Jaehyun notices, do things slow and steady, making sure he has done the task correctly before moving on to the next. Fingers are always so gentle, which contrasts to their outer appearance and first impressions; they hold things so delicately as if they're bubbles that would pop if applied too much pressure.

Jaehyun experiences this sensation first hand when Juyeon holds his hands for the first time ever on an occasion of a debut show they've been invited on. They're telling each other what they want to accomplish after their debut, and to show their sincerity they're holding hands, standing in front of each other; it's what the producers have directed them to do, and as rookies, do they really have the right to argue against it?

Juyeon's fingers are interlaced with his, and they're soft like a baby's skin in contrast to what Jaehyun would've thought. He initially had the impression they would be clammy and rough, uncomfortable to hold hands with. But yet, they hold Jaehyun's own pair so softly and delicately to the point Jaehyun finds himself even liking the moment more than he should; it makes his heart beat a little bit too fast, fastening every moment that passes.

The words that slip out of Juyeon's lips don't help either: they're in a deep tone that makes Jaehyun's ears redden, low and soft. Quiet and.. Yet again gentle .