responsibility

Headless
---------

The headless woman was utterly hopeless with resolving the situation she was not In. The child before her shook in obvious fear, their golden masked turned down and away as If waiting for a strike to land.

Shit, why was this messing with my heart strings? I thought I cut those damn things out ages ago! Shit, why am I doing this? The headless shouted at herself as she felt an unfamiliar pang of something in her chest.

She placed her bow on her back and raised her hands to show the kid that she was disarmed.

"I mean no harm," She signed, not knowing if the child would at all understand.

Piss, communication is some what important in this situation, yet I still cannot speak, dis is bad.

The headless fscepalmed at her own stupidity.

"You're...... not like the others?" The headless was snapped out of her thoughts as a small shaky voice emerged from behind the golden mask.

The headless still wasn't sure if the kid understood her but she had a test, "no, I'm the lord of the shrooms and the queen of the land of glorp," She signed with confidence that this message was for her and her alone to understand.

"Glorp?"

The headless froze as she stared into the child's mask.

"Well that was unexpected," She thought with a small sense of joy, she would have another person to take to a little.

"You understand sign?" She asked with a few waves of her hands.

The child nodded silently as they signed in response, "my sisters taught me....I miss them."

The headless would've grinned if her flaming phis was able to.

"Come on kid, this place is dangerous. I'll take you to a place where you can be safe, follow," She signed quickly hopping the kid could understand her.

The masked xgild gave her a slight nod before standing and falling in behind her as she led the way out.

Due to the headless woman's earlier murder, the way back to her makeshift home was Rather easy to navigate, any creatures in their way were met with high speed deth from a distance ad the headless sent arrows their way.

One particularly annoying grenadeir met a worse fat she it avoided the arrows with unnatural luck.

'YOU BOMB JUGGLING JACKASS,' she thought to herself as she knocked another arrow, sending it onto the mad bombers foot, pinning it to the ground.

With blinding speed the headless dashed forward, burying her blade into the creatures head, her momentum carrying her farther through the creatures. The sickening church as she spun a full 360 with the monsters head simply twisting off in the proses.

'Oh shit .......that was awesome!!!!,' the headless thought as she twisted midair air and suddenly found herself face first flying into a wall, the crunch of bones breaking was lest then pleasant as the wave of pain lanced through her body, starting from her right shoulder and traveling all the way throughout her extremities.

She slid down the wall slowly, the sound of pained fire emitting from the voiceless head.

'Ow,' was all she thought or could think as she reached the ground. After a few seconds she attempted to stand once more, only to find that she could no longer mover her right arm.

"Ummmm....miss, are you ok?" Asked the golden masked child as they inched closer to the headless.

The undead woman made a "so-so" sign with her left hand as she looked down at her obviously shattered shoulder and collar bone, it didn't hurt as much as she thought, although that could've just been shock running its course.

Well fuck