Chapter 13

Jade's poi

My bare feet hit the wet cold mud as I run deep into the woods, the snow falling from the grey cloudy sky felt like knives cutting into my naked body. Taking in a deep breath and breathing out a cloud of air my leg brushed a bush which cut into my bruised skin, looking behind me I saw him getting closer to me. His black leather army boots slammed onto the mud causing his clothes to get splattered with the dirty brown residue.

The more I ran the more my skin was cut by the leaves in the dark forest, the only source of light was the moon shining down on us.  My body felt so cold that I knew for sure I could get frost bites, the ends of my hair swayed my shoulders back and forth, I stopped myself from running when I felt something thick and wet drop on my body.

Droplets of blood.

Somehow the blood that replaced the snow felt even worse, looking down at my body which was now covered in blood my heart began to beat harder against my chest. Feeling an awful presence my body jolts around, before he was far from me but now he stood in front of me, taking a few steps back I found my back colliding onto a tree gripping onto it as he grabbed a hold of my throat.

He held no remorse with the amount of strength he put on my throat, his eyes demanded my own keeping our gaze in a trance he brushed his thumb on my pulse making my body quiver. His eyes went from a light brown color to a golden yellow, parting his lips open just a bit to showcase his canines he moved his head next to my ear aligning his lips next to them.

" You can try to escape me, but you'll never be able to"

Brushing my hair behind my other ear with his free hand his eyes met mine.

" You will soon be mine along with everything you own " his lips twitched and formed a slight smirk that sent my body into panic

A heart screeching gasp escaped my mouth, lifting my body up with a quick speed I sat down on my butt looking down at where I had laid realizing I was on my bed and that my knuckles were so pale from gripping the sheets. Quickly letting go of the bed sheets I massaged my knuckles feeling the blood flow return to them.

My heart was beating at an alarming rate, why the hell was I dreaming about Alaric out of all people. And for some reason I couldn't help but replay his words in my head " You will soon be mine along with everything you own" ,  something about what he said felt like it wasn't just a dream and that he didn't mean it as a threat more like a promise. 

Removing the covers off my lower body my bare feet made contact with the cold wooden polished floor, every part of me felt so sore but I knew better then to sit and relax when I didn't know why the blood bounds let us free or how we could take them down.

Walking over to bathroom I quickly grabbed onto the toilets dropping to my knees and letting the throw up splash into the toilets water, some drops fell on my skin  causing me to empty my stomach even more. My  head was throbbing so much I felt like collapsing right their and then, lifting my left hand from the toilets rim I held the side of my head that was throbbing .

Everything around me became blurry and my ears started to ring deliriously. 

Some how I managed to get myself up and prop myself into the tub running the cold water, I sat their till the water filled all the way up to my breast, although my body was sore I took all the will I had to remove the wet clothes of me and discard them to the grey marbled floor.

Once my mind was cooled down I washed myself clean and took care of my cut lip that would probably leave a deep scar. When everything was done I put on some comfortable clothes making my way down the stairs, turning the corner I went through the kitchen then to the living room.

There sat some of the people from before, letting a cough leave my lips I gained their attention, Asatu and Vincent got up from their seat and made their way over to me. Vincent grabbed my arm softly noticing the shivering of my body, " You shouldn't be up, you need to relax " Asatu finally spoke and the others nodded in agreement. The people who were in the living room were a mix of wolves and vampires, my heart relaxed just a bit knowing that if the vamps were still here Mila could still be here too. 

Nudging Vincent's hand gently I made my way over to a black colored stool " I'm perfectly fine" they all look at me cautiously unsure of what to believe or do. Rolling my eyes I leaned back on the wall running my hand through my hair, where I sat was a good view to everything in the living room and the wall I leaned on was what connected the kitchen entrance to here. So I could see every person in here.

" You can all stop with those stares, where are Lewis, Cain and Mila ? " I turned to ask Vincent while Asatu gave me a water bottle I thanked her then looked back at Vincent for a response. "Lewis and Cain are in the library going through books of the old alphas for any source of info on the hunters"  I nodded slowly waiting for what I was anticipating the most.

" And uh Mila she-" he stopped and just stared at me which only made me concerned " -she's what Vincent, use your words " my voice came out stern.

"She's in the guest room with Elizabeth but she still hasn't woken up so we're doing all we can "

Gulping the water in my mouth I froze,what if I put her life in danger and it was all my fault she came out to find me. I caused her to get hurt. 

Closing the water bottle shut, I put it in between my thighs holding it their, " I know all of you have a thousand questions to ask me but right now all you need to know is that the hunters want war with us and they will not stop till the vamps and wolves are dead" 

"What do you mean? " Jamie the teenage boy in our pack asked, I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows " It means that they want war" he nodded his head hugging himself.

"So what are we going to do? " Asatu asked her eyes showing fear.

"We fight"