064 ; The Death Of Kyojuro Rengoku

you fall to the ground and cry out, tears slipping from yours and tanjiro's eyes as your raged screams merge.

YOU LOOK THE GROUND IN PAIN, BUT NOT PHYSICAL PAIN.

you had once again lost someone you cared about dearly.

inosuke looks between you both, he had never seen you cry before, or be upset in general, he thought you were both strong, so seeing you both like this made him shocked.

kyojuro looks shocked before smiling softly, "don't cry so hard, kids.."

you both look at him, "you're both hurt pretty bad too, y'know. that cut in your belly will open up, kamado. and your ribs will shift too much, [name]"

your lip trembles, "and if either of you die, i won't have my victory anymore. come here. let's talk a little at the end."

you sniffle as you get up with tanjiro and both walk over to him, sitting in front of him.

your eyes are glossed over as you look at his bloody and beaten face, bile rising to your throat.

"i remember something i saw.. in my visions of the past.. kamado, you should go... to visit house rengoku, where i was born. there you'll find the writings of past flame hashira. my father read them often, but i didn't.. so i have no idea what's in them. they may contain records of the hinokami kagura you you mentioned"

you pull at the tips of your hair.

tanjiro waves hands, "p-please.. rengoku-san.. that's enough. isn't there any way to stop your bleeding? cant you use your breathing?"

kyojuro smiles, "no. i'm. going to die soon.. but i have something to say, so listen"

you rub your eyes desperately, trying to stop the tears from falling.

"i want you both to tell.. my little brother, senjuro.. to take the path that he thinks is right, to follow his heart. and [name]" he looks to you, "please, take care of him. and tell.. my father to take care of himself. and.. tanjiro.. i believe in your little sister. i consider her a member of the demon slayer corps. on the train, i saw her.. she'd her own blood to protect humans. if she risks her life to fight demons and protect people.. she's a member of the corps, no matter what anyone says!"

he smiles softly, "stand tall and be proud. no matter how weak or unworthy you feel.. keep your heart burning, grit your teeth and move forward"

you frown as tears slip down your cheeks,

you say that as if it's easy..

"if you just curl in a ball and hide, time will pass you by. it won't stop for you while you wallow in grief. don't worry over my death. i'm a hashira. it's my job to shield you junior members. any hashira would do the same. we can't allow.. the young buds to be plucked"

you bite your lip.

"[name].. tanjiro.. boar-head boy.. blonde there.. you all keep learning and growing. keep doing what i've taught you, [name]. someday you guys will become hashira and be the pillars of the demon slayer corps. that's what i believe. i believe in you."

your gaze turns downwards as you place your hands on your face.

you let out a small cry as kyojuro smiles and his breathing stops, his head hanging low.

words ; 559

nearly made me cry : (