𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

‧₊˚SEX & DRUGS˚₊‧
Indigo's POV.

Ah, the sweet life of a teen in the 70's..
WRONG
the 70's are a shit show. rock and roll, drugs, the Beatles split up. The world is coming to an end and nobody is here to stop it. So why not fucking live a little? That's what i thought, until my life turned in a horrible direction. At least i was in love i guess. This is the story of me, well me and my love.. Kevin. And how the shit we did almost got us killed and even imprisoned, I'm just kidding but you believed it didn't you? so you little fuckers. Sit back and enjoy the ride, before your life turns to "shit" just..like..mine. -Indigo, May 20th 1978.

August 23rd 1975

It was a sunny day in Texas, the sun beaming down on the blissful morning. Today was to be the first day of school for the beautiful 70s teens and their bellbottom blues, trying their hardest to be misfits and "not fit in" as party boy would say.
Indigo woke up that morning, the sun shining through her bedroom window and the smell of weed collecting dust in her nostrils, she put her hand over her nose and looked beside her where the smoke was coming from. Sitting on the cushions of her bay window were her three best friends, Slater, Pink, and her favorite, Donny.

She wiped her eyes, watching as they passed a joint around and smiled at her, a funky smile but it was attractive on all three of them. "Get out you freaks!" She yelled, they were all very late for the first day but it didn't matter because none of their parents cared. She watched as they jumped up, quickly opening the big window and climbing out. As Don was hanging off of the window, about to drop onto the fire escape, Indigo shut the window on his fingers, making him fall with both agonizing pain in his back and fingers. She waved goodbye to all of them, blowing a kiss before flipping them off and shutting the blinds.

She got dressed in bellbottom jeans with a tight black cropped tank top. She put a denim over shirt on and tied it in the front just below the end of the tank. She put on brown square toed boots and tied a braid around the back of her long brown hair. She grabbed her bag, which wasn't full of any school things but instead full of rolling papers, cocaine, weed and old crinkled dollar bills. Slater had agreed to get high with her in the school bathroom when she got there, she was grateful for him, he was the only one who would get high with her and not make a move on her.

She kissed her mom and her dad goodbye before heading out of the door. She hopped into her light teal Lotus car, she threw her bag in the seat next to her and made her way slowly to the school she had missed "oh so dearly". She finally made it to the lot of the school, it looked as though none of the students were in their classrooms, instead they were walking around and talking to their friends in each others cars. She didn't feel like being caught getting into trouble until mid semester, so she made her way out of the car, slinging her crossbody messenger bag over her shoulder. She locked the car before heading into the school, ready to be loved by her friends she hadn't seen since the weekend before.

She walked to her locker, opening the large metal door. She hadn't seen Slater yet so she decided to put her bag into her locker so that it was in a secluded and safe space. She closed the door immediately being enclosed in a hug by "Kiss" Kevin Pickford's girlfriend, who had been Indigo's best friend since their high school years had started. Immediately Indigo hugged back, running her fingers through the dirty blonde's hair "Hi babes!" Michelle's high french voice spoke making Indigo immediately smile "Hi! oh i've missed you so much!" She finally let the tall girl go looking at her face.

She noticed the girls gaze shift to the side, Indigo's gaze followed pursuit, her gaze was met with the tall handsome curly headed boy that was running their way. Indigo rolled her eyes, immediately leaving the awkward presence forming between all three of them, she simply smiled a goodbye to Michelle before huddling quickly passed the girls boyfriend. She could feel his gaze following her as she left, she felt uncomfortable as she walked. Kevin was her best friend, they drifted over the summer. Drifted meaning they had an awkwardly intimate argument and they agreed never to speak again. So they never did. She felt his sad and desperate vibes, she couldn't care less though. She needed to see Party boy and his amazing amount of weed.