Chapter Two: A Mother's Warmth

Location:
Waters Adjacent to Azur Lane Base aboard KMS Friedrich Der Große

On the deck of Friedrich's ship, she and the others were discussing their findings while Rhine was sleeping below deck.

Cleveland
"Miss Friedrich, do you know her?" She said, tilting her head.

Friedrich
"No, I do not." Shaking her head

Eugen
"She looks just like you," she added quizzically.

Enterprise
"How did you know she was here?"

Friedrich
"I didn't... I just had an odd feeling."

Eugen
"Her ship is nearly identical to yours." She said while looking back at Rhine's ship being towed by Friedrich's.

Z23
"We'll just have to ask her when she wakes up."

Everyone nodded. This whole situation was odd, to say the least, but it had a strange feeling about it. One that they couldn't put a finger on. Friedrich, on the other hand, couldn't get what Rhine said.

Below deck...

Rhine slowly opens her eyes to be met with a metal ceiling. She could tell she was in a ship by the slight rocking of the room. Looking around, she could that she was in an officer's quarters; the room itself was lavish and very patrioticly decorated. Iron blood colors and insignias everywhere. Turning her head right, she was met with yellow glowing eyes.

She quickly hid under the covers. She hears a little chuckle from her right.

Friedrich was watching over Rhine. When she finally woken up, she saw her and hid under the covers. Friedrich found it absolutely adorable.

Friedrich
"Don't be afraid, my child. I will not harm you." She said calmly.

Rhine found the voice familiar. She slowly peaks her head out, just letting her eyes out to see.

Rhine
"Who... Who are you?" She finally spoke shakily.

Friedrich
"I am Friedrich Der Große, dear and you?"

Rhine
"Friedrich?" She fully peaks her head out to take a closer look at Friedrich. Something about her made Rhine feel safe. "I-I'm Rhineland.."

Friedrich
"Oh, what a beautiful name, dear."

Rhine
"T-thank you, Miss Friedrich."

Friedrich was about to ask another question when a deep rumbling sound was made. Friedrich chuckled a little and gave another smile to the little battleship.

Friedrich
"Come now, you need to eat." She said.

Rhine
"Uh... I-I..." she tried to get out.

Friedrich
"What is the matter?"

Rhine
"My legs... they feel numb. "

Friedrich's expression changed to a worried one. Rhine looked like she didn't sustain any damage. Could she have missed something she thought?

Friedrich
"Are you hurt?" She asked while checking for any wounds she may have missed

Rhine
"N-No..."

Friedrich
"Okay then..." she said, looking at Rhine; it seems that she was genuinely not hurt. "When we get back to base, I'll have Miss Vestal take a look at you."