Simula

"How can you say that?"

I asked him in disbelief.

"I did not want this too. I never asked for this to happen. Ever since I was young I already know what my calling is. I've been wanting to serve him for all my life and that's without a doubt until..."

He looked at me desperately. The pair of eyes that is darker than any shades of brown. Those same enticing eyes that can make you lose control the more you stare at it. It can make you feel lost as if you are wandering a very dangerous forest at night.

But why? Why do I feel like I want to get lost in that dangerous and sinful forest?

"Until you get to know me? Is that it? Is that what you're talking about?! Because that is fucking bullshit!"

I cried as I shout on him.

I don't know what happened. The last thing that I know is one of my friends was murdered by someone. Right now I am here with a priest confessing his feelings to me instead of me confessing my sins to him.

"I'm...sorry. I should've not said that to you. You're probably thinking that I am disgusting right now. Please, please don't..."

He said with a pleading voice and eyes with so much pain. He reach for my hands. He wanted to hold it. But before he got a hold of me, I already made three steps backwards.

"You should be! That is disgusting! To think that I even slept on one bed with you?! Have you been harboring that feelings while seeing me every night secretly!?"

I still continue to step backwards.

"N-no. It's not like t-that."

My heart hurts seeing the overflowing river from his eyes as he continues to speak with a shaking voice.

I put my clenched fist on my chest.

"THEN WHAT?! THAT'S ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT! SO EVERY NIGHT THAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE MURDERS, YOU MUST BE THINKING THAT WAS SOME SECRET RENDEZVOUS OF US!?"

I cannot take any steps anymore. I'm already leaning on the wall for support. I lost all of my energy just to say those words.

I close my eyes. I cannot help but overthink. My words are full of conviction because I know for a fact that I am not only telling that to him but I am also making myself believe in my own words.

But what if? What if it was him all along? What if this is the reason why he killed Jake?

Thinking about this makes me shiver. I could feel my body as it begin to sweat. I feel like throwing up because of nervousness just by thinking of him as the murderer.

But it makes me think for a second, what about the other people? What motives does he have for killing them?

He grabbed me in the shoulder.

"Calm down. Please, calm down."

I still have my eyes closed.

Am I in danger? What should I do? What should I do?

My pupils are moving rapidly in my eyes that was shut as I felt his breath.

"Open your eyes. I'm not gonna hurt you, A."

His whispers are intoxicating. The more he move his body closer to mine, the more I wanted to close my eyes.

What is this?

"Please don't be disgusted on me. P-please look at me. Look at me again without any disgust on your eyes. I will do everything. I will do anything for you."