Kabanata 1

"Catholicism was Spain's greatest legacy. The Roman Catholic religion was the greatest legacy of Spain in the Philippines. If the Spaniards had not come and..."

"Please remind me, why we're here again?"

Judy have a really short patience. She was like that ever since Junior high school.

I shook my head while grinning.

Wala talagang pinagbago.

"You know I didn't tell you to come with me."

I whispered back at her.

"Catholics consider themselves as Christians who believe in Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior. But they add and subtract some beliefs in the Bible..."

"Yes, I know. But I only come because I thought they're gonna talk about the history of different Filipino art classics that were underated. This is just all about religion tho."

She scoffed.

I understand her though. I also thought this free history class that they were offering are gonna tackle about different art classics and its history.

But this is a one-time history class not an art class so it's giving.

"Catholics believe the Pope in the Vatican, and so Rome can change what the Bible says. For example, the Pope has allowed Catholics to make religious images that look like Jesus, His mother Mary, and other biblical characters..."

"Sshhh... You come with me so let's suffer together."

She stared at me irritably.

I laughed. It's always so fun teasing her.

Although it's just a normal reaction coming from her because she's an art student after all, not a history student like me.

Oh not yet. I forgot.

"But many Catholic priests abused their power. Although Catholic priests are not allowed to marry, many of the priests in the provinces and towns had secret marriages with beautiful women, and they had illegitimate children..."

The professor giving us tea right now.

The class ended at ease. To be honest, I enjoyed it.

We are now outside of the building and walking in the field of FEU Diliman under the blinding lights of the sun.

"Sa wakas ay natapos din."

She's still at it. This is so funny.

"That was interesting tho. Don't tell me you did not find that enjoyable?"

"Enjoyable? Interesting? Maybe for you but not for me. Tsaka we can always attend any online classes or events naman. Why did you chose to go here pa? There's still a pandemic you know."

Here she goes again.

Judialyn is really practical. She's very street-smart and short-tempered. She has a thick eyebrows with a really defined cheek bones.

She always get the guys compared to me. I mean I'm not that ugly though but she's just really breathtakingly beautiful. It's like as if every features on her face is perfectly fitted on her. She's incomparable to anyone, even to me.

"As if you did not party last friday night. It was just recommended to me by a fellow club member before and wala namang mawawala so here I am. Miss ko na rin ang FEU 'no."

She laughed so hard then she looked at me with a questionable grin.

"Really? You? Missing the school? Tama nga ako't may kakaiba."