TRIGGER WARNING:

This chapter includes depictions or allusions to rape/non-consensual sex.

+++++++++++++++++++

It felt like years since Higgs had been captured by Elizabeth but it was only about two months. Higgs was unconscious half the time, and when he was able to be coherent, he was getting tortured in one way or another. It seemed as if no one was going to come for him.

"Mr. Higgs?"

Higgs opened his eyes a little and then blinked in confusion.

"Merida?" he whispered, not really able to see all that well.

"She doesnae ken I'm here to get ye." She said.

Higgs smiled. "I knew you'd come..."

"No time for sentimentals. Let's get ye out of those binds."

Higgs felt the chains come off of his wrists but he didn't feel them coming off his ankles.

"My ankles..."

"Dinnae ye worry. I ken it."

"It took you so long... I thought... I thought you were never coming."

"How could I ever leave ye to that woman's wiles?"

"The things she's done to me... I honestly never knew a woman could be so cruel."

"Cruel?"

"I really don't want to think about it."

"Why not?"

The remnant of something Elizabeth had given him was still effecting his eyesight but he could see some fuzzy shadows in front of him. For some reason though, he felt very uneasy and he swallowed hard.

"Merida?"

"Aye?"

"You... you did come to rescue me, right?"

"Of course I did, silly. Why would I come here to give ye back to Elizabeth?"

Higgs still felt like something was wrong. He reached out, grabbing a hold of her hair and wrenched away.

"Your hair... it's... it's so... tame."

Higgs had rung his fingers through Merida's hair more than she would ever know. It was frizzy but soft and going into it was like sticking your hand down an unknown rabbit hole. It practically sucked you in but this didn't feel the same. Merida hadn't said anything when she suddenly started to laugh. As Higgs tried to get his eyes to focus, she walked over to a brighter part of the room and seemed to rip her hair right off of her own head. Higgs yelled, backing into the wall to try.

"Was I good?" he heard, the familiar voice of Elizabeth worming into his ears. "You actually thought that I was her! Oh, this purchase was worth every penny!"

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" he screamed, totally confused.

Elizabeth walked over to him and pushed him down as he tried to get away from her. She got down on her hands and knees and crawled to him, blocking him between the wall and her.

"I had heard you were of lesser intelligence during your ogre month but I honestly didn't take you as a complete moron. Don't ogres have the ability to smell people's scent? You should have realized something was wrong earlier."

"Please! Please, just stop this nonsense and tell me what you want!"

She smiled and Higgs felt something pierce his neck, his body immediately losing most function and made him completely limp. Elizabeth pulled him so that he was flat on the floor and then straddled him, pulling out a small glass vial. She pulled the top off and leaned over him so that they were face to face.