Part 3: Blessing

The Lady Maximillian of House Croix is blessed by the God.

That is exactly what Maximillian is thinking in her head.

She suddenly loves to go to the small Church in the family property. She is more excited in Church Teachings. She talks about how to be a good Child of the God.

- If you are good, you will receive blessings.

A noble family came to pay their respect to Lady Aryan and Duke Croix, they brought their kids to play with little Maximillian.

- Really?

- Yes, you just need to be good. Then you pray. And God would hear you.

- But how to be good?

- You love your Mother, you love your Father, you be kind with other people, and God will hear your prayers.

- Did God hear your prayers?

- Yes, he did.

The children look at Maxi in admiration. Right in front of them right now it's a beautiful noble lady who is preaching about the teaching of God. Their parents did tell them to please the lady, but even without them telling, they would please the lady themselves. Just look at the wavy red locks and those wild eyes. When they first saw Lady Aryan Roem, they thought they saw an angel, and then next to her is the small version of herself, Lady Maximillian, is another angel here to play with them. They look like they came out of a painting.

- What did God bless you with?

- He fulfilled my prayers.

- What did he give you?

- Well....

Not that little Maximillian wants to hide her blessing or anything, but since the scarf is a surprise present for Mother, she can't just tell them and have them spill it out to her Mother sitting right at the tea table in the Garden.

- It's a secret between me and God.

- Really?

- Yes. If you wish for something special, God will keep a secret for you too. Only God and you would know.

- Wow, amazing.

The children clapped their hands and their eyes shinning with hope and determination. They don't even know what they would pray for, but just looking at an angel dazzling in front of their eyes talk with confidence that God will definitely surely undoubtedly without a second thought bless them, their hearts are filled with so much joy.

- Dear, what did Lady Maxi here tell you?

- That if I become good, I will be blessed by God.

- Really? Such a wonderful dear you have there Lady Aryan, she is just as kind and gracious as you are.

- You are being too kind with your words.

But what exactly leaf Maximillian to such a confidence she is shinning?

...

Everyday, she would come to take care of the puppy. Puppy grew very fast these days, no matter how much she feed him, he would get skinnier and skinnier, but he would definitely grows taller. She could not get him into that rounf ball fluffy shape he used to be. It doesn't feel that good hug him like before.

Now that's not the main purpose of her going to the kitchen place anymore. Sure doggy is her best friend now, but she is going to the kitchen for something else. Literally, the blessing of God.

Since the first time she received the feather, everyday she has received different feather of different types, colour, and sizes. They were all placed somewhere near the same place before. They were all so special. The feather doesn't even match with her plan for the scarf anymore, but it was still so precious.

Now she has a small bag prepared. Whenever she collects them, she'll put in the bag right away instead running back to her room. This way she has more time to play with puppy, more like doggy, he is getting bigger and bigger.

- Why are you so big?

- Woof.. Wooff

- If I ask for a colourful rock, instead of a feather, you think God would think I'm greedy?

- Woof.. wooff..

- Not that boring grey rock.

- Woof...

- Alright, I'll pray.

- ...

- Please could you give me a rock next time

She stand by the place she has just collected the feather and say it out loud, look above. Screaming is not lady like. You have to say your words with clear pronunciation and with confident attitude and devotion.

"Attitude" still don't know what it means but she knows if she pray wholeheartedly God will bless her.

- Should I pray in the Church too?

Not sure if her prayers have reached God or not, but sure repeat it in Church wouldn't hurt. She heads to the Church right away.

...

Maxi felt so awful.

She should have been satisfied with the feathers. Instead she asked for colourful rocks. Last whole week she didn't receive anything. At first she thought maybe the rock would be hard to see, so she searched around. But then surely after doggy is even tired following her, she stopped searching.

There was no rock.

Maximillian has been a bad girl.

Now she receives no blessings.

Day two, nothing.

Day three, nothing.

Day six, nothing.

She hugged doggy, tried to hold back her tears. Nanny was right, she couldn't solve everything with tears. She did cry in the private Church confessing her creed, but when the Priest asked her what was she greedy for, Maxi was so embarrassed she answered with more tears rather than words.

Today she will go to the backyard to confess too. This is where she first receive her feather. She should have confessed here also. God must be enjoying the view here better than the private Church. She know she does.

When she reached the backyard with doggy...

A pebble.

A shinny shimmering beautiful pink little pebble.

Maximillian couldn't believe in her own eyes. She rubbed her eyes to confirm reality.

And it was real.

She slowly approach the shining treasure lying on the ground, surely right near the place where she collected her first feather. That is definitely not a coincidence. This is real real.

Maximillian reached out her hand and pick up the pink pebble. It is pretty. When you hold it in your hand, you would realize how smooth it was, it has a pinkish colour to it. And if you hold it up to the sunlight, you would see the colour change with the glittering. It is so real in her hand.

The lady holds her exciting scream. Screaming is not lady like, as her nanny always said. She shrieked, would it count? How could grownups hold excitement in with such a calm face? She cannot. She shows off with doggy the pink pebble.

- Do you see what I'm seeing?

- Woofff...

He was so excited he licked her hand... and almost swallowed it. He thought it was food. Now Maximillian scream. She has to clean the little precious pebble. It almost went into the puppy belly.

- Don't worry, I'll protect you.

She promises the little pebble while cleaning it and cherishes it in her hand. She carefully places the little one into her small bag, next to the colourful feathers she had before. The very lady like Maximillian skipped around the garden singing "thank you thank you" every step of the way. This has to be a happier day comparing to the first day she received her feather.