𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Scott's motorcycle comes to an abrupt stop outside of Eichen House, Stiles and his father turning to us as we run up to them.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Scott starts.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this" Sheriff replies.

"It's only 72 hours" Stiles adds.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumour inside him filled with flies" Scott argues, looking at the Sheriff "You don't know everything yet"

"I know enough. Nogitsunes, kitsunes, oni, or whatever they're called" Sheriff drawls off.

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct" Stiles hums.

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me" Sheriff explains "I'm headed down to LA tomorrow to talk to a specialist"

"Then why are you putting him in here?" I frown in confusion.

"He's not" Stiles answers "It was my decision"

"Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here" Scott states.

"And I can't hurt you" Stiles counters, glancing at me.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something. And if we can't-" Scott rants.

"If you can't...If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay?" Stiles says, leaning in close to Scott "Make sure I never get out"

"Can we have a minute?" I speak up, glancing between Scott and the sheriff.

Scott shoots his best friend a reassuring smile before walking over to his bike and the sheriff nods, allowing me to tug Stiles over to his car.

"Is there anyway I can change your mind?" I ask immediately.

"No" He shakes his head.

"This is really what you want?" I frown.

"Nat, I hurt you. I really hurt you" Stiles stresses "I don't ever want that to happen again, so if this is the best way to keep you safe then yes. This is what I want"

"I don't want you to stay here" I admit, my bottom lip trembling as I try not to cry.

"I'm sorry" He sighs.

The pale boy pulls me into his arms and I cling onto him tightly.

"Stiles, I have to tell you something" I mumble, nuzzling my face into his neck "If I don't tell you now, I'm afraid I never will"

"What is it?" He replies.

I pull back a little to look the boy in his chocolate brown eyes, the dark circles around them only getting worse as the days go by.

"I think I'm-"

"Stiles, it's time to go!" Sheriff snaps.

"One second, Dad" Stiles says, looking at me expectantly.

I open my mouth to try again but the sheriff's voice cuts me off for the second time.

"We gotta go now, son" Sheriff replies.

Taking the interruptions as some kind of twisted sign from the universe, I let out a sigh and take a step away from the boy.

"I'm really gonna miss you for the next 72 hours, dork" I tell him.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Natty" He smiles weakly.

The boy squeezes my arm as we walks past and I watch as he greets his father, the duo entering the grounds of Eichen House and disappearing through the front doors.

I make my way over to my brother who wraps his arm around me with a sympathetic frown.

"What were you gonna tell him?" Scott asks me.

"That I'm pathetically in love with him" I breathe out, my eyes watering.

Scott pulls me into a proper hug and I hold him tightly, letting my tears fall onto his shoulder.

"Everything's gonna be okay" Scott assures me.

I lift my arm and my knuckles tap against the door which is almost immediately opened by a confused Allison, holding a crossbow which is pointed directly at my head.

"Hello to you too" I mumble out sarcastically.

"I'm so sorry" She says sheepishly, lowering the weapon.

"Meh, you can never be too careful" I shrug.

"Are you okay? You seem down" Allison frowns.

"I think I'm okay, but I'm not really sure" I explain, my feelings still a little confused.

"Come in, Nat" She sighs, opening the door wider.

I enter the quiet hallway of the Argent apartment and Allison leads me to her room, watching me as I sit down on her bed.

"I know something that might cheer you up" She says, perking up.

"What?" I ask curiously.

The raven haired girl exits the room and comes back holding a small potted cactus with a smile on her face.

"I got you a cactus" She admits and my lips curl up into a wide smile.

"What is this for?" I question as she hands it to me.

"Lydia mentioned that you wanted more plants in your room, but I didn't want to just buy any old plant...so I bought a cactus" The Argent girl explains.

"I love it" I grin happily "Thank you, Alli"

"You're welcome" She shrugs nonchalantly.

"I'm gonna name her Celeste" I declare, watching in amusement as Allison's cheeks blush a rosy red.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" She suggests.

"I'd like that" I agree.