Chapter 15.

It's been the most peaceful month since I got back to work. Mr. Hwang behaved way more better than before towards me, but was still the same with others who dared to enter his office.

I loved coming back to my office neat and clean without people messing it. Mr. Hwang kept so busy with schedules and more, he barely left the office. He'd be there when I arrived and still be seated when I left.

"Mr Hwang"

"Tell me, Lee"

"I have a request, if it's not too bothersome."

"You've requested everything from me, what else do you need?" He chuckled. 

"I just requested the necessary" I pouted. He placed his pen down and looked at me with a smile. I have to admit my stomach felt weird when he did. 

"What is it?" 

"I was wondering if I could leave earlier tomorrow"

"Earlier? You already come at 7."

"I'm aware, it's just for tomorrow."

"At what time?"

"At 4"

"Oh, it's just an hour earlier. Sure"

"Really?!"

"Yeah, why not. It's fine"

"Ahh thank you so much!"

He smiled again as his eyes followed my movements. He couldn't stop smiling and I felt so addicted to it.

"So where are we going?" He asked.

"What?"

"I mean, it's your birthday. What are we doing for it?"

How.. did he know? I mean duh, he has my ID papers, but it's actually  why is he sticking around?

I don't mind, since we've been good, but the fact that he knew it was for my birthday and that he'd like to join whatever I wanted to do really surprised me.

"Oh, um..I was actually planning on staying at home"

"You're asking for permission to leave earlier just to stay at home?"

"I never do anything for my birthday since I turned 24, I just stay at home and maybe do a movie marathon or cook for myself."

"Friends?"

"In another city"

"Family?"

"That too."

"You celebrate it alone?"

"Yes, I really don't care"

"And you want to leave early to just be earlier at home?"

"Yes mr Hwang" I chuckled at his constant interrogation.

"Okay." He said after thinking quickly, "let's cook pasta"

".. "let's" ?"

"I mean, if you don't mind-"

"No, not at all, I'm just not used to people in my house I guess-"

"I just want you to have a nice birthday, you're one of the best in this company so you deserve it."

"And I appreciate it so much" I bowed.

"Pasta?" He insisted.

"Sure" I smiled.

The idea of mr Hwang going to my house for my birthday did have me kind of excited, and I don't know why. I keep saying it's because of the attitude change and that I get nervous when he smiles at me and stuff.