PROLOGUE Pt. 2

Bringggg Bringggg Bringggg

(Y/N) opened her eyes, groaning when her back cracked when she sat up. 'That's what you get I guess for sleeping on the floor with only a blanket' (Y/N) thought while slamming her hand on the alarm. Yawning, (Y/N) decided to go to the kitchen and cook her breakfast for her and her mom.

Yesterday was so tiring, after (Y/N) and her mom ate (they decided to just eat in the living room so the mess could be cleaned easily), they didn't care enough to sleep in their own room and, so they just slept on the floor with a blanket in the living room.

What a bad idea that was.

Not bothered to brush her hair or change her clothes, (Y/N) cooked breakfast with music playing in the background. Hearing footsteps nearing the kitchen, (Y/N) while still cooking the eggs greeted her mom with a 'Mornin' mom!'

"Ugh, my back. Please tell me to not do dumb shit like this ever again," Her mom complained while sitting down on the chair, flopping her head to the table, groaning in pain.

"Sure, mom. By the way, you still want me to rent out the movies?" (Y/N) asked after giving the plate to her mom.

"Of course, but later at night. I got to make some calls and go to the interview session so I can get started on working after getting the job"

"Do you even have decent clothes for the interview tho?" (Y/N) teased while eating her breakfast.

Her mom smirked, tapping against the side of her head, "Of course! You know damn well I'm so smart that I won't forget decent clothes stuffed in my bag."

"Uh-huh, what shoes are you going to wear, mom?"

Her mom's confused face slowly morphed into a disturbed one, and (Y/N) laughed hard while her mom panicked.

"My shoes!"

-

After breakfast, (Y/N) decided to unpack some of her stuff. Her mom was busy making herself look presentable in her bedroom. She decided to borrow one of (Y/N)'s shoes because it was more clean and presentable, rather than her old, beat-up red sneakers that her mom owned for too long.

"Ok! How do I look, hun?"

Looking towards her mom, (Y/N) smiled and noticed something about the blouse she was wearing. "Aww mom, is that the blouse that I gave you on your birthday?" You asked while smiling.

"You bet it is! I never really got to wear this blouse cause it's so formal-" You snort hearing her say that, "-But now I could wear it, and it looks pretty good on me, don't you think?"

"Yeah, mom! Everything looks good on you," (Y/N) replied with a hint of mischievousness in her tone, making her mom roll her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going out, okay? If you're going out to rent the movies, lock the door and hide the key in the plant. I don't want something happening the first day we live here in Woodsboro."

"You mean, our first OFFICIAL day, right?"

"Yeah, sure smart guy. Just remember what I told you, okay?" Her mom asked while grabbing her bag and car keys.

"Yup, I'll remember. Oh yeah, what movie do you want to rent, mom?"

"Just grab anything other than horror!"

"Boo, lame!"

-

After lazing around for a few hours, (Y/N) decided to rent the movie at Blockbuster. She didn't necessarily know where the place was, but she could always ask people for some guidance.

Taking a quick shower, (Y/N) decided to just wear something comfortable. It;s not like she was going to meet someone she knew, 'Not like they're gonna recognize me anyways' thought (Y/N) while thinking about her friends. Before she could get out of the house, she heard the house phone ring a few times.

Quickly grabbing the phone she answered, "Hello, this is the (Y/L/N) residence. How may I help you?"

There was nothing but static on the other end, (Y/N) waiting for a while before continuing, "Um, hello? Who is this?"

Deciding it was just a prank call, (Y/N) went to press the 'End Call' button before a voice spoke "Um, (Y/N)? This is you, right?"

It took you a while to recognize the voice, but when it hit you who's calling you screamed, "Matt! Dude, how are you?!".

How could you forget about Matt, the sweetest and charming human being that you ever stumbled upon. You both met when you're living in (H/C), and it turns out he was your neighbor and classmate in school. Although awkward at first, you both hit it off with your love of horror movies. And even though you moved countries, you still held Matt in a special place in your heart.

"I'm good, I was so nervous I called the wrong number. But, hey! Turns out it's right." He chuckled. Laughing along, you both talked about your move. How stressful it was, but also there was excitement running through your body thinking about your new life.

After talking for what felt like hours, Matt decided to say his goodbyes, his reasoning was 'My mom wanted me to finish my homework, but when I said I had no homework, she just said to help her with cooking'. Laughing, you send your regards to Matt's mom and hang up.

Lookin at the clock, you hurriedly grabbed your shoes and went outside. Locking the door, you put the house key in the plant and walked to the nearest Blockbuster.

While walking, you noticed a lot of places that you remembered were still there, although a bit run down. You sighed, thinking about the old times. 'Man , would it be awkward if I met anyone from my old friend group'.

And turns out, fate really did want you to suffer.

-

After asking numerous people for the nearest Blockbuster, you sighed happily when you saw the sign. 'Damn, I really need to workout more' (Y/N) thought while opening the doors. She noticed a male, maybe around her age, snapped his head up to her way. She ignored the male, not noticing that his eyes widened after seeing her.

It wasn't crowded, but it's enough to make (Y/N) feel anxious, not knowing anyone in the store. Because of that, she decided to stroll around, looking for the perfect movies for tonight.

Unbeknownst to her, someone slowly approached her and stood by her, watching her every move.

As (Y/N) grabbed 'Friday the 13th' from the shelf, she finally noticed someone besides her and jumped. Finally looking at the person, she was shocked to see who it was.

"Randy?!"

"(Y/N)?!"

-

(A/N: AHAHAH CLIFFHANGER :D But yes, I hope you guys don't mind the long prologue tho, I just want you guys to understand a few of the characters and backstory of our dear (Y/N). And I already downloaded the first SCREAM script, I am very forgetful so it's best if the script is ready if I forgot a few stuff from the movies. OH FYI, my update schedule isn't really solid but I will finish this book because I just hate looking at incomplete stories :'). ANYWAY HOPE YA'LL ENJOY THE STORY!)