prologue.

*NOT CHECKED FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES YET BTW*

The bar was getting boring for cherie, she couldn't stand being in there for another second really

The bar was getting boring for cherie, she couldn't stand being in there for another second really. She had plans to go there and relax - and by "relax" she means to "go get plastered and forget about her problems" - realistically what would though is almost every time she'd end up getting harassed by weird men, creatures and aliens. she had a low tolerance for people talking to her in the first place so, if they didn't have anything interesting to say she didn't really care to hear about it. and certainly had even less patience to deal with assholes like that.

standing outside of the futuristic bar, cherie lights her cigarette and puffs on it. leaning back against the cold wall of the building, the crisp air makes her regret wearing a short sleeve shirt with shorts.
scuffing her cowboy boots against the pavement, and tugging at her short frayed denim shorts, her lips let out one last puff of smoke before heading inside and making a b-line back to her seat at the bar. the sickly sweet smell of sweet liquor and musty-ness makes her nose scrunch up in cringe.

she looks over the older man a couple seats down from her, seeing him stare back at her every once and a while.

"usually I like when people stare but I'm getting a stalker-y vibe from you." she breaks the silence to the scrawny man.

"Not a stalker, just a normal guy." He clarifies aloofly, throwing his hands up in almost playfully in defence.
his eyes jumping to her face. She had jet black hair that flowed over her shoulders and framed her face. big brown eyes, a small nose, full lips, and pale skin, rick found himself slightly fascinated at the younger woman sitting next to him.

"what's your name, not-a-stalker?" She asks, taking a sip of her left over whiskey.
"rick sanchez. yours?"
"cherie mckenna."

"are you even allowed to be in a bar?" He treads carefully so he didn't sound like some kind of creep, while also avoiding the awkward silence built between the two.she nods, downing the rest of her drink.

"i'm thirty-one." he nods, his dark eyes scanning her entire form. She was classically beautiful, he would even go as far to say she was perfect. perfect face, perfect body, perfect voice even.

obsessions came easy with rick.
but he wouldn't call it an obsession per se.

"so" he clears his gruff voice. "how'd you end up here? kinda depressing for someone like yourself." Rick says, trying to hide a compliment behind something backhanded. She eyes him, biting her lower lip.

"recently divorced, he uh-" she stutters over her words ever so slightly. you wouldn't even be able to notice it if you weren't paying close attention. "he cheated on me." she blurts out, she wasn't sure why she had just shared such a raw and personal part of her life with someone she just met. cherie was a very "withdrawn" person as she'd been told before, she didn't have instagram or facebook or whatever people used to share their information with people. that wasn't her scene.

he looked like he was gonna say something but cherie cut him off. "why are you here?" she pries.
"same reason as everybody else - to get away from our shitty lives." rick says, straightening up his posture.

"can i buy you a drink?" He offers.
She smacks her lips, a smirk pulling on the corners. "Are you trying to get something out of me, sanchez?"

he chuckles, the slight imprints of dimples showing on his cheeks. "nah. i'm just offering to buy you a drink." He clarifies with a subtle smirk. Her phone vibrates and her back pocket and she reads the text, a small frown appearing on her face.
"i've gotta go. a friend needs me." she tells rick.
hiding his disappointment, rick just nods unconvincingly.

cherie looks at him a glint of curiosity in her eyes. it all fades away when she thinks he might of been catching on.
"bye-bye." she says exaggeratedly while waving her fingers, she gives him wink before disappearing in the crowd and walks off.

Rick eyes settle on her small skinny figure, exhalingsharply as he leaves the bar slightly flustered and gets into his ship

sharply as he leaves the bar slightly flustered and gets into his ship.

HIHIHI idk if anyone is gonna end up reading this or tbh see this cuz this account has zero followers.

if people do see this though and enjoy i will obviously continue to update! :D
bye-bye 💋😏