EPISODE 5 : RACHMANINOFF PIANO CONCERT NO. 2

Why do I have to tell you everything? We're not family anymore.

I'm not going to the States. My friend is very sick. If I go, she may not be here when I come back.

Instead of worrying about the future, think about the good memories you had with her.

Do you know what's funny? Knowing that I'll die soon made me think about those around me. When I think of my parents, I'm sad because I'm sorry and worried. When I think of Jin-seok, I'm sad because of what could've been and because I'm sorry. When I think of Joo-hee, I'm sad because I worry and feel sorry for her.

~ What about me?

That's the funny part. When I think of you, I'm sad because I already miss you. :'(

What kind of person would I have become had I stayed at the orphanage? Luckily, I was adopted by rich parents, so I was able to play the piano. Had I not been adopted, I would've struggled to make ends meet.

After seeing mom and dad, it finally hit me.

Did you trust and feel comfortable with your parents and sister from the very beginning?

~No, I was adopted and sent back to the orphanage twice. They said I was too quiet and cold. I still remember it. I barely talked at all.

~When I first moved in with my current family, I didn't talk for over a month. I was anxious.

Perhaps the way she looked reminded me of how I looked at the orphanage. I was anxious everyday with no one to lean on. She reminded me of the little girl I used to be. I didn't know how but I wanted to become her Rachmaninoff.

---------------------------##------------------------------