Chapter 18: wherever you will go

A/n

The music video goes with the chapter, listen to it while reading to get the feels! XD

Celeste's pov*****

We were sitting at the edge of the cliff. I felt dark looking at me, but I just stared off into the ocean. No one really knew about me seeing my parents death. No one even bothered to see if I was ok or not. No one bothered to know what I saw or how I felt. I remembered how Elizabeth's parents came over right after the cops got here. I was still locked into my room not bothering to respond to what the cop was saying. Trying to get me out of my room. Aunt Helen came and managed to talk me into coming out.

I remembered how I had put on my most blank expression on my face. Not allowing my feelings to show. So no one bothered to console me.

"Celeste."

Dark's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I had forgotten he was there.

"Hmm?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry about me I'm fine."

Lies..

He looked at me, I could tell he didn't believe a single word I was saying.

" are you still thinking about your parents?"

I stared off again, "no."

Lies..

I felt him move. He got closer to me put his arm around me.

The minute he did though anger flared up in me.

"IM NOT LOOKING FOR YOUR PITY! Just stop acting like you feel sorry for me!"

I stood up angry. at myself, for opening up. At him for caring. At the world for breaking me off. At that man for taking my parents away from me.

So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone, you'll need love
To light the shadows on your face

I felt strong arms pull me into a tight hug. I tried to get him off of me, struggling to break free.

"Let me go damn it!"

If a great wave shall fall
It'd fall upon us all
And between the sand and stone
Could you make it on your own?

Dark was silent and wouldn't let me go still.

I gave up.

"I'm sorry for what happened. But you can't keep tormenting yourself for it. Let it go."

Who does he think he is?! I felt furious.

"What do you know! You don't know anything about me! You're a stranger that randomly invaded my home!"

I caught a glimpse of hurt in darks eyes and instantly regretted my words.

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go

He hugged me tighter, I broke. Tears streaming down my face.

"I know I'm nothing but a stranger, that's why I'm asking you. Let me be more than a stranger. I'm not asking you to spill your every secret. I'm just asking for you to let me live through them with you. Let me share your pain. You don't have to go through this alone."

And maybe, I'll find out
The way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guide you
Through the darkest of your days

Years worth of tears streamed down my cheeks. Tears I wouldn't allow anyone to see, tears that I held in for years finally broke free.

And for the first time in my life. I cried.

I just stood there, burying my face into darks chest crying.

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go

Run away with my heart
Run away with my hope
Run away with my love

After I cried I just stood there holding on to dark as if my life depended on it. He became my life line, my hope.

Years of torment and pain, gone. All because of him.

"Celeste."

"Hmm?"

I looked up at dark, seeing a smirk on his face.

"You didn't answer my question."

Question?

What question?

Then it hit me.

Dark had been asking me out.

If I could turn back time
I'll go wherever you will go
If I could make you mine
I'll go wherever you will go

I didn't answer, I just closed my eyes.

I didn't need to answer, he already knew the answer.

He lifted my chin, and pressed his lips against mine.

And I let him.

They say you see fireworks when you kiss someone you like. I saw stars.

The kiss was soft, sweet and passionate at first, then it became hungry, wanting more. We broke apart gasping for air and smiling at each other.

"I love you." I saw him blush a bit after he said that. I giggled.

And for the first time in my life after the accident.

I was truly happy.

"I love you too."

I'll go wherever you will go.