Chapter 8

You stare at the shrine directly ahead of you in hatred as you realize how shaken up you feel right now. You wish you hadn't acted on the impulse to pick that lock and discover what's hidden within this room earlier. Your watery gaze falls onto your lap instead, the turmoil of your emotions increasing with each passing second.

    You give into whatever you've been feeling ever since you were kidnapped and your expression darkens into a blank porcelain mask. Your tangled (h/c) strands fall loosely in front of your flushed face. Your mind replays all of your terrible encounters with Sebastian, his hurtful words reverberating loudly in your ears. 

    You notice various objects that came up missing a few months ago from your house or even your backpack are placed like decorations throughout the room's interior structure. You also realize your lovesick admirer has multiple pictures of you doing whatever at places you visited the most arranged on the shrine. 

    The scent of lavender candles makes you sick to your stomach for some unknown reason as well as what secret you just discovered. You let the sadness you've been holding onto since your parents left for that business trip go, your quiet muffles fading into loud sobs.

    You casually wipe at your bloodshot orbs with your knuckles whilst waiting for your breakdown to pass. You stay in the same position for a bit longer than you intended, deciding it's time to leave this room before Sebastian catches you. 

    You push yourself upright by using the shrine for a prop and manage to stay balanced without any difficulty. You hear Sebastian calling for you once again, his loud footsteps closing in on your location.

    You mumble an inaudible word under your breath whilst wondering what excuse you'll have to use to save yourself. You head toward the doorway in a rush and decide you'll just have to act like his most precious student. 

    You double-check the narrow corridor for your English professor as you wonder how awful you look right now after crying. You step into the hallway without making any noises, your gaze focusing on the staircase nearby.

    You wonder what type of lecture or scolding he'll give you after breaking some of his rules. You make a beeline for the first level of the building, your only goal escaping this place. 

    Your shorter frame collides with Sebastian's tall silhouette whilst the impact almost knocks you down. He manages to grab your right arm before you can hit the floor, his intense gaze telling you he's only upset about you running away. He easily helps you stand upright and keeps holding your arm regardless. 

    "(Y/n), how many times am I going to have to repeat myself! I've already told you! If I call for you at any moment, you're supposed to come! I want you to follow my exact words just like you did in my classroom!" 

    His harsh yet forceful words reverberate in your ears as your mind replays all of those moments you followed his guidance in your homeroom class. An annoyed sigh escapes his lips, his grip loosening on your arm somewhat. 

    "I'm really sorry. I'm just very confused and scared, right now. I don't know what to think or what I should in our relationship,"

    You whisper loud enough for him to hear you and your gaze falls to both of your shadows stretching beneath your feet. His hand slides down the rest of your arm until he's reached your burnt wrist. He gently lifts your chin with his free hand, his reddish-brown orbs observing your flushed face in curiosity. He presses his outstretched palm against the left side of your face and wipes away some stray tears with his thumb. 

    "Don't cry, (Y/n). You'll be alright and I know you can handle everything I've put you through so far. You'll adjust to our new life together sometime soon and we'll be a happy couple just like you promised me your Freshman year at (school's name)," 

    His words make you feel even more homesick than before as you realize how delusional he's become over the idea of his love for you. He takes a hold of your hand, lacing his fingers with yours. 

    "I have a lovely guest room organized just for you. It's set up exactly like a royal bedroom. It'll be your new room from now on and you'll be more than happy with the effort I put into it," 

    Sebastian explains his plans for your chosen bedroom like you'll be staying here for the rest of your life and begins dragging you through the maze-like second floor of the building. He stops directly in front of a doorway at the end of another corridor next to a window overlooking his property.

    "I advise that you get some relaxation and some much-needed sleep. I have some plans for us to spend some time together and get to know each other better. I'll be waking you by ten o'clock tomorrow," 

    Sebastian gives you even more advice about what he has planned during your forced stay whilst allowing you to see what your new bedroom looks like. A heavyweight settles against your shoulder-blades, his presence reminding you of a potential predator waiting to torment their prey.

    He gently shoves you inside of the room without any warning and slams the door shut behind your fallen form. You hear the door being locked with a loud click, the realization you're truly all alone crashing down on you.