Chapter 7

You watch Sebastian's tall silhouette vanish down the narrow corridor with the kitchen knife still clutched at his side as you debate on searching the first level of the two-storied house for an escape route. His stern yet harsh warning about your behavior, actions, and reactions reverberates in your ears.

    Your mind replays every terrible encounter you've shared with your English professor ever since the incident. Your gaze falls to your shadow stretching beneath your bare feet, your clenched fists reflecting the turmoil within your body. 

    Your sweaty (h/c) bangs fall directly in front of your flushed face. You wish Aiden were here to rescue you from your obsessive stalker and that you could truly have some sort of happy ending afterward. You doubt how much time you have left until Sebastian finishes taking those calls, your focus switching to the task at hand instead. 

    You decide to search the closest section of the two-storied house to where you're right now. You double-check the hallway for Sebastian, noticing various security cameras hooked up along the building's internal structure. You hear his formal conversation on the phone from within another room nearby and finally realize his gentleman demeanor is simply an act. 

    You quietly make your way upstairs to the second level of the house as you manage to step over some discarded packages left at the top of the staircase. You cast a sideways glance at the three narrow corridors ahead of you in confusion, debating on which route you should investigate first.

    You hear Sebastian's voice calling for you from somewhere downstairs and you decide to hurry with your decision. You pick the hallway directly in front of you, quickly observing every door you come across. 

    You pause in your rushed investigation as you spot some sort of lock connected with chains blocking the very last door closest to a window overlooking his property. You arch an eyebrow in suspicion, wondering what your lovesick admirer could possibly be hiding.

    You take a bobby pin from its place holding your (h/c) strands back and pull the pin apart by using your teeth. You lift the lock upwards whilst inserting your makeshift pick into the keyhole. You twist it around for a bit, unlocking the metal contraption within seconds. 

    You easily remove the metal chains from the lock and discard the entire blockade by tossing it aside. You open the door with some difficulty, double-checking the corridor for Sebastian. You hope that whatever you just discovered will help you escape in some way. 

    You casually head deeper into the mysterious room as you wonder what kind of other secrets Sebastian has. You observe your unexplored surroundings in curiosity and realize you're truly all alone right now.

    You feel soft carpet underneath your bare feet, your gaze focusing on the white short pillars with fancy vases full of red roses located on each side of the room. The scent of lavender lingers in the air like a mist and you can hear the faint echo of soft piano music playing. 

    You follow the lilac carpet as you notice that there's some sort of square object at the very end of it. Your sixth sense tells you there's something very disturbing about this place, your alert system increasing with each step you take.

    You feel like you're still stuck in a nightmare and your body grows more tense by the interior in the room. Your gaze focuses on what lays ahead, your (e/c) orbs growing wide with hatred. Your knees give way from underneath you and you find yourself staring at a shrine dictated to you.