❀-Prologue-❀

I sat in front of the mirror, daring not to rise my eyes to see my reflection just yet. My mother sat behind me, combing through my long hair with her fingers, and sighed deeply.

"Are you sure?" She asks me.

I nodded my head. I knew I was 100% sure that I was going to cut my hair short.

I heard the first snip of the scissors, and closed my eyes.

I started to have flashbacks of the memories I had with him before things went downhill when I found out one day he wasn't true to me.

"You should keep your hair long like this... it suits you so well."

He told me, as he finished braiding it perfectly, and I always wondered how he could braid so well.

I remember that one compliment made me feel so good, since I thought I was in the most perfect relationship with the boy I loved, but it was only for a quick moment when once day I saw him with another girl at a cafe, a few weeks afterwards, running his hand though her hair and saying the same thing towards her when he said it to me in the first place.

"I've finished," My mother said, and I looked up at myself in the mirror.

Wow... what a difference it really makes my face look now.

No more long hair for him, or anyone to braid it anymore. I began to touch the end of my hair strands, seeing it was truly short, and I began take a liking for it already.

I smirked at myself in the mirror, and sat up taller, feeling the confidence kick in.

It's the new me.

And I loved it very much.

My...

SHORT HAIR