[ xxii :: photography ]

'Cause you're too sexy, beautiful

And everybody wants a taste

That's why (that's why),

I still get jealous.

- "Jealous" || Nick Jonas

_______

"Hey, mate."

"Hey, Lou."

"Did you just get in?"

"Yeah," Zayn peers confusedly around the kitchen in his apartment. "Just got outta class. Why?"

"No reason," Louis shrugs. He grabs an apple, retreating from the kitchen. "Anais was just here," he says casually, noting how Zayn is now following him into the living room.

"What?"

"Yeah," he nods. "She and Soo. She was looking for you, so," he bites into the fruit, staring knowingly at Zayn with a smug look glinting in those blue eyes. "Thought you might wanna know."

Zayn runs his hands frustratedly through his hair. This is like, the billionth time this week he's tried to actually see Anais and this is like, the freaking billionth time he's missed her.

Since the Friday she went out - the Friday she fell asleep on his couch - he hadn't seen her.

It was now Wednesday.

Over the weekend she'd been busy.

With homework and some party that she'd gone to (that he skipped on and probably should have accompanied her to) and all of her friends, he hadn't a chance to have her to himself.

Now, it was the week.

Now, they were both back in school.

She had signed up for a fashion show and was also helping 'Diego' with whatever the hell he needed help with, and those two things plus homework and the friends that wouldn't leave her alone, were taking up all her time.

Thought he'd only needed you for one day?, Zayn had texted on Tuesday night when she told him that she couldn't hang out.

He did -_-

But now he's changed the collection so he might be done Saturday?

And Zayn had read that and said aloud, "Saturday? The fuck-?"

It was Wednesday night.

He was pissed.

Like, he probably wouldn't have been angry had Diego not been the reason that Anais had to skip Astronomy, which left him in a lab...alone.

But, Diego wasn't the only thing taking up every breath of Anais' spare time. Since she'd agreed to model in what was apparently, 'one of the biggest shows on campus,' in honor of Fashion Week, she had been practicing overtime. She was designing and modeling, and that was a pretty big deal to her because Anais was a designer. That was what she really wanted to do.

So, she'd been up late. Like, Project-Runway-style-late, or that's what she said.

He didn't exactly watch Project Runway, so...