Chapter 3

I woke up, and walked into the kitchen. "Y/n, why did is the dummy on the couch?" Dad asked. I look over on the couch and see Slappy sitting, with his legs crossed and hands in his lap posed to watch TV. I had him in my closet! "Um, I stayed up a bit, and watched some TV" I lied. "With the dummy?" Mom asked. "Sorry, I guess I forgot to take him back" I replied, grabbing Slappy, his arms swing at his sides as he stares at me with his cold green eyes and evil smirk.

I head to the bedroom and tossed Slappy on my bed. I closed the door tightly and turned around. Slappy was now sitting up, looking at me. "Talk...Now" I ordered, staring at the ginger hair Slappy with his poufy red bow and black suit. Slappy's eyebrows slowly, lowered, as if he was mad, furrowing them at me.

 Slappy's eyebrows slowly, lowered, as if he was mad, furrowing them at me

 I gasps at the grinning dummy. I see Slappy's lip twitched. "Y/n, You're Cousin Justin, is here to visit!" Mom yells happily. I walk out the room, leaving Slappy sitting on my bed, I could practically feel Slappy's eyes on me. "Hey, Y/n" Justin says, waving. I wave. "Hi" I reply, Mom smiles, Dad pulls out a chair for Justin. Justin is only 15, but he acts like a grown adult. "Justin, how is you're stand-up comedy act doing?" Mom asks, striking up a conversation. " Not bad, I'm taking inspiration from A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is a Shakespearean comedy" Justin says. "hmm, never heard of it" I state. "Its about a mischievous jokester who uses magic to make characters fall in love with each other for comic effect. It's kinda cool" Justin says, I nod bored. "Oooo, Lunch is ready" Mom says getting the food out of the oven. 

"You know, Y/n has a Venquilitrist dummy" Dad states. No, I don't want them to mention him. "Really??" Justin asks excited. "Yeah, Y/n go show him, I think it will be really interesting." Dad says. "No! I mean no, I don't even have an act" I reply. "Just play it by ear, that's what I do, and it never goes wrong." Justin says. "But, what if it doesn't go right?" I state, nervous. "Then go left! hah" Justin says, making Dad chuckle. "Oh, Go get the dummy to show him" Mom says. I sighed, and head into the bedroom. Slappy was sitting on the bed in the same position, staring at me. I grabbed him and head back into the room, Justin was sitting, I sat beside him, with Slappy on my lap. 

I slip my hand in Slappy's suit, he had a rod coming out of his head that attached to the bottom of his torso, there were levers and switches on the rod. I don't know which lever does what. "I had this doll professionally restored. C'mon, try to be a ventriloquist Y/n, its easy just don't move you're lips" Dad says. I nod, and suddenly I feel Slappy's rod jerk and move on its own as he turns his head to my dad. "Is that your head, baldy?—or are you hatching an ostrich egg on your neck?" Slappy asks. Justin laughs. Slappy is talking on his own! Slappy looks down at the food. "I've puked up better food then this!" Slappy says, his levers and switches moving from underneath my fingers, I barely touching them. 

"Aye, lady! Your face reminds me of a wart I had removed" Slappy states looking at mom. "That's not funny, Y/n" Mom says. "Its a riot! Aye, Justin, What's the difference between a skunk and your breath?" Slappy asks. "I don't know, what?" Justin asks playing along with the joke. "I don't know either!" Slappy states, then throws his head back laughing.