We were so happy

I was 8. It was my 8th birthday, it was before they came, before anyone got killed. When everything was so simple. Justin was my best friend, not only that, but it was love at first sight. At least for me, you know how people say is it possible for boys and girls to me friends and not be something more, to not fall in love with each other, the answer is yes, but not in some cases.

His sister was 5, we were only 3 years older then her, he was 5 months older then me, my birthday was today on Halloween, his was the first of March, almost 4 months instead of 5, but it's still 5 months. Even if it's just a day. We were best friends, and his sister was like my own.

I was an only child, our little family was perfect, my mom and Justin's were BFFs, so naturally we all grew up together. Even ever since I was younger I had been an odd child, and an imagination that went wild and all over the place, not the daughter exactly that my parents wanted.

They wanted a girly little princess, that loved makeup, that loved shopping, that loved the color pink, and was sugar and spice and everything nice, and would rather hang out with boys than girls. I always had more guy friends then girl friends, and Justin was my BFF.

My personality was a Tomboy, I tried not to care what others fought of me, but inside my own room, I'd cried myself to sleep, wishing I was anyone else but myself, well expect my personality. I dressed like a goth though, I hated that no matter how hard I tried, I could never be the perfect daughter. I was beautiful and talented and one of the guys. Surfing if there was a place to surf, beat the boys at their own game, him and Luke, and Ryan and Chaz.

We were all best friends, we all grew up together. We were a little gang. I skateboarded, and was really good at it, I could sing and dance and act, none of this nobody really knew. But inside my room, don't get me wrong, I never acted like anyone, except myself and I was never fake, but I always wondered what went wrong, why I was a disappointment.

My parents never said it to my face, but my mother always jokingly asked what she did wrong with me. I could always hope that she was joking. No, I'm not abused (just like all the other stories where one of my parents is abusive) and no I'm not ignored, but.... It's complicated. I just want to be who everyone else wants me to be.

Except Justin, he wants nothing, but me to be myself, and I was, I was no Barbie I wasn't fake, I was always myself, but more of my kept in feelings came out only when I was alone. The only person that ever knew of my singing was Justin, my mom had sent him up to my room and he heard me singing, and told me not to stop.

Now, at night two songs come to my mind.

 the part that always got to me was one of the first lines of the song it was the part about how I wish I could be the perfect daughter. And the other was

and there in that song it was the part about being the perfect daughter in the beginning of the song. That evening was like any other, we were all happy, I had been called home for the night, and Justin back home to his own home.

That's when they came, they shot my parents, and I screamed. One took a hold of me and brought me with them. What do you want from me? You're ours now! You're the princess of this gang of our mafia now. You will live with us, and no one will ever see you again, those that know you, won't know you anymore, no one will know your real identity.

What is your name? I'm, my name is Farrah Jade Winters. Sir! Not anymore, you are now Freya Snow Jadenberg. That was 8 years ago, I'm 16 now, Justin doesn't know what's happened to me and I'll I have now is a journal, that they don't know that I have. This is me (It says hairstyle)  this is what I wear (outfit 1 part 1) (outfit 1 part 2) (outfit 1 part 3) the kind I've worn since I can only remember. A necklace (outfit 1 part 4) and a pair of boots (outfit 1 part 5) this is who I've grown up as, for 8 years.

All has been forgotten and I've moved on. I've forgotten about Justin. About my past. About everything except my journal. That I've written in since I first got it. My name is Freya, Freya Snow Jadenberg, and this is my story! Follow my journey to find myself, relive my past, and find love with the last person I ever thought I would.