Chapter 3: A Hidden Secret

(WARNING: I Did NOT Proofread this chapter. Please excuse any grammar mistakes!)

Dim lights that rested above the cages that lined the rows of cages gently flickered. Some stayed bright as day, others again flickered, some completely out; And ones like my own flickered and sparked small orange dots, annoyingly. I hissed, moving away from where the sparks fell. It burned. The lights that had been turned off completely were part of a protocol the guard here called 'Lights out' or whatever. Philza had told me it was the time when they were permitted to sleep. It was a new thing for me; In the facility, all you could do was sleep until you were due to be tested. Kinda simpler. But why did he use the word permitted? As if it was a warning I should sleep now because I needed it. 

Eh. Didn't matter anyway; I always hated sleeping. It seemed unnecessary or just something for people who could handle heavy eyes. I rolled my eyes feeling a sharp pain go through my body as I had accidentally moved my arm that rested under my arm, my elbow going into my ribs, I hissed and tried to reposition myself against the metal flowing that rested below me yet the sound of clattering teeth and shivering bodies against metal seemed to catch my attention. When the sounds continued I finally noticed the harsh winds that continued to blow through the area where the cages were located.

As I listened more closely to the sounds, I heard muttering and whimpering, hiding under the sounds of the freezing hybrids that rested around me. I wondered if those hybrids were doing okay. Yet I hoped they would just be able to make it through this night. As I was an Enderman, I wasn't affected that much by cold temperatures, but I still felt sympathy for those who did not have the same capabilities. I curled further into myself feeling guilt settling within me along with tiredness, I did actually kinda wanna sleep yet I didn't know if I would be able to with the horrible noises that clouded the area around me. I looked up to avoid my thoughts, hoping for comfort from the light; yet I then realized it had gone out. No more sparks flew from it, and the light showed no sign of sharing its vision with me. 

I sighed once again and looked over to the large open glassy sky that rested on the roof... Didn't they call it? An uhh. Sky dim? No. Glow glass? No.  Star shower!- Wait no.  It was an Umm Star Window I guess?. Yeah.  Gleaming stars rested beyond the windows that restricted my view of the beautiful view. smiled gently as I lay on the metal floor of the cage. Stars always reminded me of a person who held the secrets of the word, the burdens of us all. They tried to help us make it through this... But they shimmered brightly as well. To try to show us they were there and listening to cries of pain. I liked the thought of it; although my parents called me weird because of it. I wonder if Phil thinks I'm weird? Probably... After all, I'm this freak hybrid who destroyed everything for so many people.

 So useless... I sighed, leaning up from the cold metal, feeling the pain that quickly spread throughout my body and my tense muscles that likely fell asleep minutes earlier. I grunted and pushed myself more forcefully and ended up with my back against the uneven bars, my legs laid in front of me touching the opposite side. The cage felt too small; Well it was. I was likely taller than everyone here anyways. I moved, my shoulders feeling the bones popping as the groans and clattering of teeth got louder as the winds got stronger. Why was it so cold?

I've never liked it when it was cold... It always felt like small specks of snow that steadily found its self into my skin, burning it till blood leaked from the puncture Horrific and painful. That's what everything was right?

—---------./<>\.---------—

Loud talking and frantic yells filtered out the loud sounds of thunder just beyond the building. They had thrown us in this place and told us to sit silently here until the weather had calmed. We were in metal cages, so it was expected, I guess. Shrugging off their instructions, I dragged my hand along the walls feeling the ruff texture of what I guessed to be obsidian. It felt rigid and had odd holes or spaces; As if it had been melted down, then morphed together incorrectly. Or maybe had just worn out over the years... Yeah. It was that. I felt around the room soon learning that the rest of the obsession was flat and straight; Except that one piece. The mistake or outcast in the mix of them all. My brows furrowed as my tail flickered. I tried to keep my head lower to lessen the sound of the annoying lighting but failed constantly as I walked closer to it. The lighting just seemed to get louder and louder every moment and second that passed by the seemingly never-ending time.

Annoying.

I soon made it back over to the misshapen stone and gently traced my hands across it. Yet only a single part of it caught my attention. There was a deep hole that traveled through the obsidian. out of curiosity, I stuck my hand into it, Feeling a wooden smooth texture; Like a scroll kinda.. a scroll... Wait, a scroll? I hurriedly pulled it out of the hole finding a worn-out piece of a scroll, Turning it I found words written in neat handwriting '1940 Dog Fight Logs'  I stared at it puzzled for a moment before carefully studying it. It did seem to be old, indeed. As listed in the title; It was from the 1940s, but why was it here? This was a home, right? Not some kinda dog fight thing... but if it was., why would they need hybrids?.

What Yooowas this place?... I better ask Philza.

Yeah...

I'll ask Phil.

Yoooo! Finally done :) I honestly don't really like this chapter at all, but I'm excited for 4. It's Tubbo & Father Jschlatt time :D Aren't you all excited? Well, Hope this chapter was okay and I will see you all next time! A good day/evening/night to you all!

(PSST! Go check out @ranboos_sister_nik0 new book Masked Allies listed on their profile! Show them some love :))

Word Count: 1090 Words.