Chapter One

"The ride needs to have two people on there at a time. You won’t be able to do it alone and we can’t even allow one of you guys to go alone. It's really unsafe." The water sports coordinator informed Shehnaaz and her friends. 

Shehnaaz chuckled sarcastically, "So great!" She scoffed.

"Isko bolte hain single hone ka nuksaan." Nikhil teased her, grinning mischievously and Shehnaaz rolled her eyes. 

She knew this was going to happen. "Isiliye nahi aa rahi thi mai. Mujhe pata tha mai kabaab me haddi banungi." She huffed, exasperated with them. 

She hadn't even wanted to come, It was all their fault that Shehnaaz had been dragged onto a couple's vacation by her friends despite her million protests. Their reason? We can't have fun without you, Naaz. 

Well, here she was not having any fun, third wheeling with not one or two but three madly in love couples. 

Nihaar and Pratiksha smacked Nikhil's head playfully. "Tu usko chedna band kar. Vaise hi itni mushkil se kheench ke laaye hain hum." 

Nikhil sighed. "Arrey baba.. mene kya kaha hai? Mazaak kar raha hoon mai. Naaz ko bhi pata hai." He defended himself.

Shehnaaz shook her head, "Tum log kar lo yaar.." She sighed,

Nihaar frowned. "Ay. Udaas kyon ho rahi hai meri panda. Kucch figure out karte hain na.." 

Shehnaaz smiled at her friends. They were really some of the nicest people on this planet. The best thing to have happened to her in a long, long time. She didn't want them to ruin the fun of this trip for her but she knew that they really won't have any fun in her absence anyway. She was the life of this group.

"Hum me se koi ek do-baar chala jaayega." Veer suggested. "Tera kaam bhi bann jaayega aur masti bhi ho jaayegi."

Veer's girlfriend, Shreya shook her head. "Aise toh cheating ho jaayegi. Iske chakkar me, kisi ek ko double chances milenge." She argued. "I won't agree to this." 

"Toh kya karenge, Shreyu?" Veer asked patiently. "Naaz ko masti nahi karne dena hai?"

"Kyon nahi..—" Shreya mumbled quietly. "Mai woh nahi bol rahi hoon Veer." 

Shehnaaz sighed. "Accha abhi ke liye koi toh chale jaao ride pe. Hum figure out karte hain kucch." Shehnaaz exclaimed, directing the others' attention to the sports co-ordinator who was watching the friends' exchange amused. 

"Sorry. Actually mein inn sab couples ki combined third wheel hoon. Mere bina trip plan nahi ho raha tha inn se." She explained to the man with a hint of embarrassment and sarcasm in her tone. 

Nihaar smacked her head playfully, "Shuru mat ho jaana tu ab." 

Shehnaaz rubbed her temple, pouting at her angrily. "Lagi mujhe." She whined. 

"Niru.. tu aur Arjun jao— hum sab me sabse bade khatro ke khilaadi tum hi ho." Shreya exclaimed, making Nihaar and Arjun blush slightly as they agreed. 

Once Nihaar and Arjun were strapped in and ready for their ride, Shehnaaz turned to the others. "Mai ice-cream lene jaa rahi hoon. Idhar hi rehna please. Mai gum jaaungi." She informed them and saw them nod before leaving. 

***

A few minutes later, She returned with a huge bowl of ice-cream in her hand to see that her friends were nowhere to be seen. She whined, "In ko bola tha mene ki idhar hi rehna." She mumbled to herself as she walked further into the beach area. 

The beach was full of tourists, people enjoying with their families and friends, sunbathing, building sandcastles or playing in the sea waves, safe at the shore.