Bonus Three

She felt like sh*t today. Her head was throbbing painfully, her teeth clattering and body too tired to move. At first, she blamed it on "monday blues" but she knew this was different. She had never felt quite that way before and she hoped to god she'd never again. Today, however, she needed to power through. Or so she thought. Shehnaaz slipped out of her bed, feeling a bout of nausea overcome her. She frowned, clamping her mouth shut with her palms pressing tightly against her lips. What the heck?

She stumbled across the room and towards the bathroom door, every step feeling like a thousand miles. She didn't know what was happening, she was in pain, she was nauseous and she was freezing cold. She was pretty sure that she was perfectly fine last night, when she had curled up in her bed with her dog and a cup of hot cocoa.

Whatever had changed in the last few hours, she couldn't understand. The only thing she knew for sure that her day had started horribly and it was not ending well for her. Somehow, Shehnaaz made it to her toilet and vomited everything into the pot, falling painfully on the tiled bathroom floor in the process. She let out a soft whimper, as she puked again, practically hurling her insides into the toilet pot.

A few minutes later, she felt a paw resting on her knees while she sat resting against the wall of her bathroom. She looked down at her lap and smiled weakly at the doggo looking up at her with the biggest puppy eyes. "Hi mish mish.." She sighed, resting her hand on the little one's head. "I don't feel very good."

Misty licked her face, nudging at her. Shehnaaz leaned back, closing her eyes. Misty barked, nudging her again. Shehnaaz opened her eyes again and looked at the doggo with a pout. "I'm.. sleepy mish."

***

She was woken by the ringtone of her phone and she found herself leaning against the same wall. Misty was lying across from her, watching her sadly. On seeing her jerk awake, Misty stood up and walked over to her, barking at her as if scolding Shehnaaz for scaring her.

Shehnaaz wrapped her arms around her and rested her head against hers. She then stood up and walked out of the bathroom, still dizzy with weakness. The phone was still ringing on the nightstand when Shehnaaz got to the bed.

"Where the hell have you been?" She heard a scream, panicked and angry. "Why aren't you at work? Why aren't you taking my calls? Why aren't you taking anyone's call?"

Shehnaaz pulled herself into her sheets while the person on call screamed at her. "Baat kar mujhse! Kahan gayab hai tu?" He exclaimed.

"What time is it?" She asked quietly.

"Teen baje hain." He said. "Tu itni udaas kyon sound kar rahi hai mera baccha, kya hua?"

Shehnaaz sighed, "I think I passed out."

"You.. You what?" Sidharth shouted. "Where the f**k are you? What happened?"

"I'm at home.. I woke up nauseous, thand bhi lagg rahi thi, dizzy bhi thi.. mujhe vomit bhi ho gayi.. aur phir— mai shayad bathroom me so gayi.. shaayad behosh ho gayi." She mumbled quietly. "Bechaari meri mish mish bhi darr gayi."

Sidharth didn't respond for a long few minutes making her panic. "Sidharth.. kahan gaya?"

"Yaheen hu.. tu abhi— abhi kidhar hai?"

"Bed pe.. tera phone aaya toh— mujhe thandi lagg rahi hai." She whined. Sidharth frowned on the other side. "Blanket le le meri jaan. Mai abhi aa raha hoon tere paas."

Shehnaaz mumbled something incoherent over the phone before her eyes fluttered close a third time that day.

***