The Empire's Fall

After returning from that strange world, Luo Binghe's worldview shattered. 'How could that scum, Shen Qingqiu be nice?'

That was the question that's been running in his head for the last few months. It made him so jealous, and envious though he would never admit that. He already had overwhelming power, wealth, and an extremely large harem of women.

How could Luo Binghe, Emperor of the three realms, be jealous of that pathetic crybaby who practically had nothing but a small territory that scum? Deep down he already knew the answer but he would rather die than admit it. That he is indeed envious of the simple, yet domestic and happier life of that other Luo Binghe. Why? Just where did it go all wrong that it had resulted in this? He was so tired. He never understood why his shizun had to treat him that way when the other Shen Qingqiu could be so gentle and kind. It was like a drug that made him addicted with just the smallest dose. It was like fate was trying to make him taste a little of something he could never have but couldn't help but want. It was so maddening.

Wasn't he also Luo Binghe? Why was he singled out? Didn't he too, try so hard to please Shen Qingqiu in his youth? Didn't he put up with the bullying and abuse he went through with his shizun's machinations? It was torture when he was younger, but he tried to understand. He loved Shen Qingqiu the moment he saw him, he only realized it later on. He loved him so much that it hurt. He loved until he hated. He stopped loving the scum the moment he was thrown into the hell called the endless abyss. Or at least, that's what he thought... Until he met that Shen Qingqiu that had reawakened his old love and desire. The one that he could never get over with no matter what he does. The image of the kind, gentle and smiling man who had the very face of the scum that had abused him.

It made him so miserable.

That other Shen Qingqiu... Despite being kind, had his own cruelty. He made Luo Binghe feel as though he was important. As though he really mattered only to pour a cold bucket of water in his head the moment he realized he wasn't the Luo Binghe he knew.

Why?

Why? What was so wrong with him to be the center of Shen Qingqiu's hatred? How could that other Luo Binghe get what he had been dreaming of but could never have? How had he, Luo Binghe failed to see something that could've changed and opened Shen Qingqiu's heart when the other him succeeded?

All he ever wanted was a home. To be cared for, and loved for who he was, not who he has shown others as. He couldn't care less about being an emperor, being someone with a massive harem and overwhelming power and wealth. He never wanted any of that from the beginning but he had no choice. If he didn't have those, how could other people want him? His harem? He was not unlike a street dog who had been begging for scraps of love as he could by taking his as many wives as possible, testing them by how willing they were to be bedded. It did not fill the big hole in his heart that has been festering after Shen Qingqiu died.

He still remembers what the other Luo Binghe said to him when he provoked him for being too pitiful, not having even one woman.

I don't need women! I only need shizun! I am contented. You are the one who's pitiful because you needed countless women just to feel loved and obviously, one would never be enough. You are even trying to steal my shizun because you're so miserable. I pity you,” And it made Luo Binghe so angry that it makes him want to destroy the two, and their world as well. If he couldn't have what the other Luo Binghe had, then they shouldn't too... It's just... He lost his motivation after seeing them so happy together, fighting him in complete synchronization. He was defeated and was forced to go back into his world.