CHAPTER 20 || Interesting

§
_________________________________

§_________________________________

***

"PARK MINJI!!!" Jungkook shouted and ran towards me.

I could not decipher his expression. He raised his arms so I unconsciously closed my eyes, holding my arms in front of me in a defensive position.

However, all I could feel was being buried into somebody's chest. Warmth embraced me as the familiar scent came into my nose.

I slowly opened my eyes but I could not see the boy's face. He hid his face in my shoulder. I patted his chest, wow, you know, huge, but he refused to let go and was still hugging me tightly.

"Mr. Jeon, this is suffocating." I whispered.

Jungkook still did not budge. So...I stepped on his foot, I guessed...quite vigorously.

"Ow!!!" He let go and winced at the pain, looking at me with a weird face.

"Opsie, too harsh? Sor—"

"Yah Park Minji!!!" Jungkook made an angry face.

"What?!!!!" I responded with the same pitch as his.

"Where were you?!!!"

"What where??! I was here the whole time!!!"

"We can't find you!!!!!"

"Perhaps you are blind?!!!!" I held onto my waist. Was he blaming me for not being found by them? What was the logic here??

"..." Jungkook closed his eyes and sighed heavily. He seemed to have been holding the breath for so long. He held onto my wrist and pulled me into a hug again. One of his hand placed on my head, gently caressing my hair.

"Thank god you are safe and alive." He whispered, "I almost got crazy."

"Are you worrying about me?" I asked him, he would not know I was smiling.

He let go of me and looked out of the window.

"Hell yes, I am worried sick." I was caught off guard by the response, my brain could not process how to react, it heated up my cheeks instead.

I noticed the corner of his eyes being watery.

"Yah, are you crying because of me?" I teased.

"It's not crying as long as the tears don't fall on the cheeks." He replied with a faint smile.

I looked at him, lips parted slightly. Then I saw him having my backpack on his shoulder, I could not help but chuckled.

"Wah, my bag. You took it with you." I looked at it in amusement.

"Of course I did, it's important to you, right?"

"You remembered what I said."

"I always remember." He showed his proud bunny smile.