Part one: Sally and Brenda

Brenda paced her dorm room floor. "Why would Ms. Bordum give us so much homework. I'm starting to break out." Brenda opened her biology textbook and began to outline chapter seven. "I can't stand her honestly, I'm so sick of all this stupid pointless work" she said to Sally. Brenda had always been secretly jealous of Sally with her long dark locks of hair, green eyes, olive skin and above all a clear face.

"So? Does it really make a difference if you do it or not?" Sally said as she jumped up on her bed.

"Um yeah it does I pay to go to this school, as if I'm gonna waste my money like that." Brenda stated. She had always wondered how Sally managed to have a social life and good grades while still going to sleep early. (Well early compared to her). Her name wasn't even actually Sally. It was Sarah.

" Hey so you know Brad? The one you're in love with?" Said Sally

"Yeah. Hey wait I don't love him."said Brenda offhandedly focusing on her work.

"Whatever I'm just messing with you. He invited us to Panera Bread today at 8:00 but that other guy Rob is coming so it'll be like a double date with friends." Sally laid down on her bed and stared at the ceiling, phone in hand.

"We have a ton of homework" Brenda said flipping the page.

"Oh yeah lets just stay in our dorm and do work instead of going on a date" Sally said sarcastically. "One night won't kill your GPA. Lighten up."

"Well, I guess one night wouldn't hurt then." Brenda agreed.

"That's the spirit, come on drop the pen. He'll pick us up at 7:45 and its almost 7:00 so get a move on." Sally chirped.

Brenda got up so fast she almost knocked over her chair. " 45 minutes to get ready?! Who do you think I am, Super Woman?" Brenda blurted out. She sped over to her closet and pulled out some skinny jeans and a tank top and headed to the shower.

As she undressed she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her brown eyes stared back. She looked herself over. Matted dirty blonde hair, thin red lips, the ever so pale skin that burned instead of tanning, and not exactly the biggest curves. She poked the dark purple bags under her eyes. How will brad go for this? She thought. I'm not his type. I could always go for Rob. No. No girl should go for Rob. Rob is basically the Iggy Azalea of our school. I may be lonely but I'm not that lonely.

She drew in a deep breath and sighed as she stepped on the cool blue tiles of the shower floor. She took a quick rinse, dried herself off and began to apply her makeup. Maybe Brent likes me. He's my best friend it wouldn't really surprise me. He is pretty cute.

"Hey! Hurry up Brad will be here in 5!" Sally shouted from outside the door.

Brenda was so startled she nearly poked her eye out with her eyeliner. "Ok I'm going" she muttered. She stepped out of the bathroom and headed out to the dorm.