Part two: Brad and Rob

Brad raised his muscled arms to complete his pull-ups "Seventy one, seventy two..." he grunted. His brown hair flopping over his eyes.

"Do you really need to grunt like a mating ape?" Rob questioned.

"Yes. I. Do." Brad strained.

"No you don't and its not like you're doing a lot you're only on eighty." Rob sassed back.

"Alright." Brad jumped down from the bar and took off his shirt for no particular reason. "Do a hundred without stopping right now."

"I'll do one hundred and fifty without stopping. It's just your arms are too weak and can't handle what I can do." Rob said as his voice cracked.

Brad sucked his teeth "Very funny, I'm gonna forget you said that." He took his sweaty tank top and threw it at Rob's face.

Rob shrieked like a little girl who dropped her ice cream and almost fell off the top bunk. "GET YOUR NASTY SWEAT OFF OF ME." His face was one of pure terror. "It smells like horse manure." He gagged.

"Chill man it's not a big deal, its just sweat." Brad chuckled.

"Yeah it is, I was already ready to go to our date at eight." Rob complained. "Now I have to shower again."

"Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Damn what time is it?" Brad questioned as he picked up his phone. It was only 6:46. Brad shot a look at Rob. "Why are you ready for a date an hour early?" Brad asked as he sat down. "Are you in love?"

"What? I don't even know the meaning of love. I hit it and quit it son." Rob smiled as he choked on his saliva.

"You're just like your pull up game, all talk no action." Brad stood up with his hands in the air walking around the room.

"...Damn that was unnecessarily cold." Rob took a pair of jeans and a shirt. "I'm going to be going for Brenda. You going for Sally?"

Brad chuckled as he stood up from his chair and walked over to Rob "Hell yeah. You know Brenda is sweet and all but I don't think she gives it up too easy."

Rob flexed his pale weak biceps and laughed "Wait till she sees these. She'll be all over the Robster."

Brad decided to indulge his best friend "Alright Robster, she'll be all over your amazing body."

"I know she will. So will Sally. " he mumbled.

"What was that?" Brad shouted as he stepped in the shower.

"I said I know she will man." Imma have two hoes on my jock tonight he thought as he mentally cackled maniacally. Rob wasn't exactly the picture of beauty but he had always thought he was. He had always had always envied the way Brad was able to pick up chicks so easily but tonight was his time to shine.

As Brad stepped into the shower, the cold water running down his face. The sky blue tile were the same color of his eyes. The water pressure always feels like small pebbles were being thrown or like someone is gently crying on you he thought. Although Brad had an image around the school for being a player and a popular guy, he was secretly a big nerd. He loved science and going to comic con while cosplaying as his favorite character from an anime but no one could know this except for Rob. Rob has been his best friend since they were in middle school and he was the only one he shared his feelings with. Brad stepped out of the shower put on a t-shirt and jeans, sprayed a mini tornado of cologne, gelled his hair up and put on his favorite grey beanie. He bit his lip and looked at himself in the mirror. Looking good. He walked out of the bathroom and saw Rob ready to go.

"Ready to leave?"Brad asked.

"Yeah, It's 7:30 and I told them we were gonna meet them at the water fountain on campus." Rob said as he tossed him the keys.

They walked out of their dorm and headed to the fountain.