Chapter 2

In the parking lot, a white SUV finished parking and the doors swung open.

Out came a short woman, with red-dyed hair. She had sunglasses on, and a headband on her head keeping her hair which wasn't contained in her bun back.

She carried a large (UGLY) zebra purse with her and had her phone in hand. Dangling from her ears were large earrings that looked like 2 discs.

She leans into the front and calls out to the person in the passengers side. "Come on Jay" she says.

Then the passengers side door opens revealing a tall girl, with light brown skin, dark long hair decorated with green streaks. She had glasses on, and was wearing denim jeans, and a layered top, a green tank top over a white t-shirt.

She moves to the backseat, and grabs a bag out of the seat, and shuts the door. She catches up to her mom, carrying her duffel bag over her shoulder.

——————

*INTERVIEW*

The girl from parking lot was now sitting in the same interview room, and smiles before the title card pops up,

JAYLA, LIZ'S DAUGHTER

"Hi" she says slightly giggling in front of the camera.

"I'm Jayla, my mom calls me Jay, and I honestly can't believe I'm inside the ALDC. I remember being a little girl watching Dance Moms and WISHING I could be on that stage.

Because of that, I decided to drop out of gymnastics and start taking up dance. I think because of my gymnastics training, I was really good at flexibly and acrobatic-style tricks. I really hope that I become famous because of this show, because I've always really wanted to be a star.

I think I would do better at solos, but... that means I need to impress Abby, but I'm sure I can do that."

Again she smiles and shows off her braces.

*END OF INTERVIEW*

——————

*INTERVIEW*

The woman from the parking lot is now sitting in the chair. She looks into the camera begins talking. Her title card shows up:

LIZ, JAYLAS MOTHER

"Hiii, I'm Liz, Jayla's mother. I might not be her bio mom, but I love her like one. 

Ever since my little girl started to walk she had a strange fascination with acrobatics, and it started with gymnastics. For the first 3 years she showed real promise within the gymnastics world.

That's when Dance Moms first started to air, and before I knew it my daughter was OBSESSED. 

From then on, it was OUT with gymnastics and IN was dance. Everything was a dance to her own rhythm. I could hardly stop my little ball of energy.

Oh and look at her now. All grow up and mature about to start her journey to become a professional dancer... I'm just- just so proud."