🦎 [the ceremony]

🦎

-

After hours and hours of waiting, it was finally time for the Madrigal's gift ceremony. After getting ready, you run downstairs and out the door to the casita Madrigal. This time, your parents let you go alone. As you reach your destination, you notice a familiar figure outside the doors of the casita. It was Camilo, shapeshifting into the people entering his house and welcoming them in. " Pshh, showoff. " You mumble, looking up into the sky. He looks back at you. " Well, well, well, it's Y/N ! " He says with a mocking smirk. Before he can say anything else, you hear a familiar voice echo. " Move, Camilo ! " Mirabel, your best friend, shouts as she pushes past him and takes your hand. " Y/N ! C'mon, let's go inside ! "

Mirabel drags you into the casita, walking past children with sparklers running around, everyone was excited and having a great time. She then brings you into the kitchen, where nobody was. Before she could say anything though, somebody calls out to her. " Mirabel ! " It was her mom. " One second Y/N, coming mamá ! " She then dashed out of the kitchen.

You stand there for a while, until Camilo then appears in the doorway. " You're alone ? " You whip around, finally noticing him. " Y'know, I really got to know you Y/N. " He said as he moved closer. " Never got to know you either. " You responded, looking straight into his eyes. He smiled. You two would continue to talk for hours, creating a strong bond between you and him.

Soon though, Camilo's abuela would call everyone to the center of the casita to watch Antonio open his door.

-

🦎