The Beginning

The sun rises. The light is shining through the window on someone's face as the cyan haired person slowly sits up and yawns, before rubbing his eyes. He stands up and stretches, then heads out of the room. The person walks through the hall into the bathroom as faint noises of a working TV are heard in another room.

He looks in the mirror and splashes his face with water as he exhales. After brushing his teeth, he grabs a towel and wipes his face.

The cyan haired person then leaves the bathroom and heads inside his room again to change his clothes. The noises in the other room got more audible as it seemed that someone was switching the channels in the other room.

"-thanks to assisting ADVENT in protecting 138 civilians during a villain attack in the Tokyo Underground, a request for raising the current Number 2 Hero - Templar has been sent to the Hero Commission."

"Guess the Sub-Zero Hero - Blizzard has some competition, huh? Managing to save that many people is no joke."

"I agree. That said, ADVENT's repair team has been dispatched and is repairing the collateral damage and the underground station is estimated to be in working conditions again tomorrow."

After finishing, he made his way towards the room the TV noise was coming from. There, he saw a boy with white hair sitting on the couch, in front of the TV - his brother.

- Oh, good morning, Nero! - The boy said.

- Morning, Terr... - Nero said lazily, still rubbing his eyes.

- Had a good sleep?

- Yeah.

- Anyway, breakfast is in the kitchen ready.

- Okay.

Nero went into the kitchen and saw a sandwich on a plate. He grabbed it and went back into the living room, sitting on the couch as well.

- So, what do we have planned for today?

- Well... - Terr replied as he spoke slowly, - If I'm not wrong, today is when UA is having entrance exams, and I wanted to hear your opinion on it one more time.

Nero sighed and looked away. This conversation was already held before.

Flashback

"-how about we take UA entrance exams?"

Nero was taken aback with this question, stripping him of his ability to speak.

Nero stood unresponsive for almost half a minute, as if being disconnected from reality.

"Nero? You there?" - Terr said with worry evident in voice.

Flashback end

Terr's expression changed as he looked away sadly as well. It was hard to keep eye contact in this situation. The air was very tense, no words would leave their mouth.

Terr took a breath and decided to be the one to end the awkward silence.

- Look, Nero, - Terr spoke as Nero looked at him, - I know this is hard for you, but... You won't get over what happened if you stay still. You didn't know that would happen. It has been done already! You can't do anything about it.

Nero looked down.

- But... What if it happens again?

- Then let's change something before it happens again! Together.

Nero looked up to see Terr holding out his hand with a million-watt smile on his face.

- Nero, I want you to have friends. I want you to have people you can depend on! A life is incomplete without friends. Even if there are jerks who decide to pick on you because of that accident, they will have to go through me first! - Terr spoke enthusiastically, pointing to his chest with his thumb.