☺︎︎ nightmare

"will... will? mh-" you mumbled, feeling cold sweat running down your back and thinly coating your forehead, as you tossed and turned in your bedsheets.

it was clear you were having a nightmare, as you felt your body become cold. your eyes snapped open, as you immediately altered your gaze to the ceiling.

you heard the sound of your heart pounding in your ears, your anxiety rising by the passing minutes and your breathing was severely laboured at this point, making you think you were going crazy.

you slowly raised your body upwards off your now  sweat dampened bedsheets, and tried to calm down by getting a glass of water, to maybe, just maybe calm yourself without passing out from the initial panic you were experiencing just minutes before.

you peeled the sheets off of your lower body, your legs and thighs now slightly covered in the anxiety substance of sweat.

you slowly swung your legs over the bed, as you hoisted yourself up, your body shuddering slightly at the new cool air hitting your body and making goosebumps form on your fairly coloured skin.

you walked over to the kitchen from your bedroom, and when you arrived there, you looked at the sink, as you raised your seized arm to turn the tap on and you watched the slow flow of water and the silent hiss that followed.

you grabbed a glass that lay on the side, and started filling it up as you saw the small bubbles arise to the surface of the glass.

once it was filled, you shut off the tap and you felt a sharp jolt of anxiety, as you felt your body go lighter than the air around you, as you saw white light ahead of you, with your body becoming ghostlike for how light you felt.

in the dissociation, you could of sworn you had seen a reflection like your boyfriend will. he turned to you and looked saddened, as your eyes widened in horror.

his body was covered in bruises and blood marked his torso up and down through his shirt.

you felt the warmth of tears welling in your eyes as you opened your mouth to scream, to alert will that he was severely injured.

but nothing.

just as you were in your panic, the dissociation faded, as you felt your body altering its weight back to normal, the figure of will long gone, but the tears you wanted to shed were still present.

you stared out of the window, your watery eyes locked on the landscape beyond your kitchen window, as your body froze like an ice cube.

soon after, you were snapped out of thought by a sudden noise from the outside that triggered your sense within reality.

you grabbed the glass, your brain still halted with confusion, amnesia almost as you slowly started making your way into the bedroom once again.

your brain kept ticking with the sudden dissociation, as the key points of it that rattled your insides to the max.

as you made your way back to your bed, you sat down on the creased sheets your glass clasped in your hands as you used both of them to lift the glass to your dehydrated throat.

the cold sensation put your mouth in a shock, before quickly returning to its normal temperature. you still felt the vision you saw of your partner will was clearly a real thing. it just had to be.

your brain was still processing the events that you could sworn were real and couldn't be a dream, a nightmare even.

god, it was a tedious process to go through as you placed the now half full glass of water on the small cabinet beside you, and closed your eyes to allow the tears that lingered to now trickle down your cheeks.