Chapter 10: 3 Twister Merry-Go-Round

Chapter 10: 3 twister merry go round

"This is the caboose, this is the caboose! I'm waiting for orders, Boss!" Dusty shouted over the radio.

"Go ahead." Bill nodded towards the radio.

"It's your truck." Jo shrugged.

"No. You should." Bill nodded again.

"Dusty, the battle zone should be northeast of 81," Jo mentioned through the radio.

"Copy that, Jo!" Dusty acknowledged and Melissa paled in fear.

"Wait a minute. Battlezone? Billy, what're we doing?" Melissa asked getting freaked out.

"We're going again," Bill admitted and Melissa looked at everybody else in the truck.

"Again!? But back there you almost got yourself killed!" She shouted getting freaked out.

"No, no. Just a close call." Bill tried to calm her down and Jo shook her head.

"You're gonna cross 15 on Oklahoma412. 412." Rabbit informed them.

Meanwhile, Kate was watching everything from the dashcams and smiled when she heard Rabbit's voice.

"Okay, copy that. Haynes, what's on the mesonet?" Jo asked after she rolled her eyes at what Rabbit said.

"Winds continuing to back, VIL's are at.....uh, 60," Haynes informed them.

"Okay guys, let's go get it!" Jo shouted to the team through the radio.

Bill noticed that Jo was looking at the speedometer and so he was going fifty miles per hour and he pressed on the gas some more. They looked forward and saw that Jonas' caravan was a little bit ahead of them and they sped up to be neck and neck with them.

"There's your pal." Jo nodded over to Jonas making Bill and Jonas glare at each other through their windows. Bill saw something and slammed the brakes. "What're you doin', what're you doin'?!" Jo asked incredulously.

"Look at the updraft, the angle! It's gonna shift its track!" Bill nodded to the twister in the distance.

"Are you sure?" Jo asked quirking an eyebrow and took the mic from Bill. "Kate, can you take the shot fully, turn it 360 and confirm what Bill is saying?

"Sure thing." Kate radios back and takes Bill's shot from his cam full and turns it 360, observing the tornado.

"He's right, it's going to be a sidewinder." Kate radioed back to Jo.

"Is that bad?" Melissa asked and Bill grinned.

"Wasn't there a road back there?" He asked Jo.

"You're right, go, go, go, GO, GO!" Jo nodded finally seeing what she meant and they tore off to find a small road that would put them right in the path.

Melissa's cell phone rang and she jumped before answering it.

"Hello?! Donald, now's not a very good time for me, okay? What...all right, put Julie on. Okay." Melissa nodded into the phone.

"We're close," Bill muttered darkly.

"Rabbit, tell me what road we're on, where does this take us?" Jo asked Rabbit while Melissa talked to one of her clients.

"I know it feels unnatural but with Donald's motility, you're not gonna have this baby the old-fashioned way. Even if you stand on your head." Melissa mentioned over the phone.

"Laurence? Laurence comes in, we've got to get ahead of this storm, what's on the satellite?" Jo shook her head and started talking to the team again.

"I can't talk to you right now, I'll have to call you back." Melissa tried to get Julia to hang up.