Chapter 1- Radar issues.

"At 7:00 a.m. in Oklahoma City, the temperature is 75 degrees across the state, skies are partly cloudy, the dryline higher over western Oklahoma. Satellite pictures indicate thunderstorms developing along and ahead of the Dryline.."

A group of storm chasers led by Jo Harding has set up shop off a dirt road. Everybody had jobs to do. Dusty was keeping an eye on the weather screens. Beltzer and Kate were trying to help Jo wire up the Doppler Radar. Haynes and Sanders were keeping an eye out on the horizon for anything that might form into a twister. Joey and Preacher were wiring up another Doppler with little to no success. Rabbit and Laurence were hanging out near the weather van.

"Okay professor, hang on there, I think I fixed it. I've got it." Beltzer shouted and Jo turned it on making it spark. Beltzer winced slightly. "Whoops."

"You good there bestie?" Kate asked Jo after seeing the radar spark.

"This thing is useless! " Jo screamed angrily at the machine.

"Sorry, Jo." Beltzer muttered not noticing the machine was now miraculously working and Jo hollered at him.

"Wait, wait, wait. Beltzer! That's good. Give me a reading!" Jo hollered and Beltzer sighed before he got out of the van to help her.

"Okay , boss lady, hold your horses. Which way do you want it, Jo?" Beltzer asked and Jo thought about the answer.

"Looks like the dryline has stalled. Give me a sector scan west, northwest, look at mid-levels for rotation and increase the PRF."

Jo, Katelyn and Beltzer cringed hearing Dusty from inside his weather van blasting rock music through the speaker on his roof. Jo quirked an eyebrow at the other scene playing out near the other weather van. She smirked and huffed in laughter watching their antics.

"That's Dusty as usual. Rock music to give off vibes." Katelyn chuckled and shook her head gently.

"All I'm saying is don't fold the maps!" Rabbit shouted at Laurence who rolled his eyes.

"I didn't fold the map!" Laurence argued with him.

"Yeah, well Kansas is a mess, there's a big crease right through Wichita! Roll the maps!" Rabbit rolled the map up and put a rubber band around it to secure it.

"You really can't go one day without telling someone off because they folded the maps." Katelyn rolled her eyes at Rabbit and chuckled at the other male.

"Hey don't make me ruin the surprise I have in store for tonight." Rabbit chuckled before picking up Katelyn and spinning her in his arms.

"Geez, you two can't go a day without being in love like you guys have been in for 6 years." Dusty laughed only to get death glances from the couple.

"Very funny Dusty.." Katelyn snickered and turns to Rabbit before walking away to help her best friend.