The Pilot's Holiday Pt. 1

Chapter 1

Carol flopped down on the soft King sized bed in her hotel room. She had just finished her day and had to be ready for the next. "That was a really exhausting day" Carol stated as she placed her hand on her forehead. Moments later a ringing sound resonated throughout the room. It was her laptop. It was Charles, her co-pilot. He would often check in on Carol after her day had ended. She lazily reached for the button to answer it.

"Someone had a long day." Charles said in a joking manner. Carol tilted her head to look at her screen and replied "You should know, you were there Charles. The layover in Dallas was hell. Where did that Thunderstorm even come from?" Charles let out a laugh. "That's what the walk through is for. Remember?" Carol sat up and turned towards her blue laptop. "Yeah I know. I'm the one who did the walk through. You should start showing respect to your Captain." Carol held up her chin awaiting a proper response. Charles raised his hand and gave a salute. "Yes my Captain. Should I get you a shield to go along with your new title?" "You are an asshole, you know that?" Carol replied as she and Charles laughed.

Charles' face changed to a more serious one. "Carol, you should take some time off. Take a Holiday. You've been working non-stop for the past three months. Our last stop tomorrow is North Carolina right? Take some time off there. You've earned it." It was true that Carol had worked hard the last three months but it paid off as last week she was promoted to Captain. Charles, her co-pilot, had been there for the whole ride. Carol let out a sigh moving her hand through her thick curly hair. "I don't know Charles. I mean I should but what about our boss? I just got this promotion so taking time off wouldn't be ideal." Carol's gaze fell upon the maroon carpeting in her room, not saying a word. Charles stayed silent for a few seconds before saying "All I'm saying is think about it. You remember how Lance worked himself into a mental breakdown. Get some rest. See you at the airport tomorrow. 8:00 a.m."

After Charles hung up Carol sat there thinking. She shook her head and made her way to the shower. The hot water felt soothing to Carol. Her hands firmly pressed against the wall and the water flowing down her back, her thighs and her feet. The large blue and yellow dream catcher tattoo with a wolf and its blue eyes glistened on her thigh. "Maybe Charles is right. Maybe I need a break. I don't want to end up going insane like Lance." Carol turned around to let the water fall down her frontal area. She lifted her 36 DD breast and the owl underneath shined in the light as soap and water trickled down to her triangle shaped pubic hair. She lifted her thick dark hair up so the water could fully wash her neck and back. "Maybe I will. What could it hurt to take a Holiday off. I have the time saved up and I could use a break."