i. running away from problems, as usual

RUNNING AWAY FROM PROBLEMS, AS USUAL

<୨♡୧>

She didn't plan for this to happen.

If she knew one little stupid kiss would lead to murder, she would take it all back.

Hell, if she knew it would kill her best friend, she wouldn't have even befriended her.

"I'm just sad because I just figured out I liked you.
And I like you more than anyone I've ever
met. But, when I got home, I
was slapped in the face
with the reality
that I'll never
be able to
call you
mine."

"Meet me at the gym after school
-Nova"

Mandy balled the note up in her fist, shoving it in the back pocket of her high-waisted shorts.

It was the last week of the hellhole we call school and
Mandy had had enough of the fake smiles and popular crowd.

Mandy had enough of Lodem.

Unbeknownst to her, this would be the last week she resided in Lodem, Florida.

She quickly slammed her locker, rushing down the halls towards the gymnasium.

She pushed past her brother, shooting him a glare as she continued with the path that she had taken the last few weeks.

The two girls had been meeting in the gym every day after school for a month. Sitting on the bleachers and speaking aloud their thoughts.

It was the only time of day that they could actually talk and hang out with each other.

Mandy's parents forbid her to talk to anyone other than the 'popular group' or her horrible brother. So these meetups were her get-away from reality. The moments she would forever cherish.

She pushed through the double doors, spotting Nova sitting on the lowest row. Nova stood up, waiting patiently for the brunette to walk up to her.

Mandy strolled over to Nova, setting her bookbag down next to hers. But before she could get a word out, the shorter girl engulfed her in a hug.

Mandy hesitantly hugged back. She was a bit confused considering they had never really hugged before.

"Uh, hi?"