CHAPTER 11

"It surely is devastating." one news anchor said to the other.

"It is," The other agreed. "And considering their recent winning streak. This has really brought down the morale of the fans, let alone the players themselves."

"Yes, very true." She commented before looking at the camera, "Let's hear more about this from our correspondent."

"Yes, the recent match between Raimon Junior High and Royal Academy was won by Royal Academy 3-0, due to the sudden forfeit of the Raimon team," said the reporter, the municipal hospital as his back ground. "Upon further investigations, nine out of eleven of the Raimon players falling ill due to, according to the doctor's tests, food poisoning and since the team had no substitutions or replacements, had to forfeit do to insufficient members. Meanwhile we spoke with the coach and the two members who had not been affected and they were devastated by the sudden development. Investigations on this scandal by the authorities is still ongoing."

The man in the throne watched the report from the large screen which was the main source of light in the dark room. He smirked at the news. "It seems like our spy is doing well," He said to no one in particular. 

His assistant who was standing beside the throne, knew this. He spoke up anyway, "We have sent her the next assignment."

This only made his smirk wider. "Raimon won't know what hit them."

---

The doctor had just finished running tests on the team and informed their coach that they are clear to be discharged but still needed rest. The players were picked by their parents and guardians and taken home to rest for that day.

The next day, after convincing their parents that they had recovered, they were allowed to attend practice.

In the clubroom, the atmosphere was grim. Everyone was down about their recent 'defeat' and wondered whether there was a point in going on.

Brianna looked at the team, 'I've never seen them like this.' she thought. 'If they give up now, everything we've worked for will crumble... and worse, my plan will fail.' She wondered what she could do to convince them to go on, but then again, she's just a first-year. How could she just stand and talk like she knew anything. She had to think this through. 'If I make a rash move, my cover may be blown. Best to just lay low. Besides, this team is filled with goofball soccer freaks. Someone is bound to say something.'

As if the he was reading her thoughts, the captain stepped up, "Come on guys, what's with all the sad faces? Sure we lost the last match but that's not a reason to give up. Come on guys! We've gotten this far, there's no need to stop. There's still a chance. We must fight with our heads help high and show all the people out there that we cannot be put down by a mere bump in the road. This was just a stumble, but we haven't fallen yet. We must go on! Are you with me!" 

"YEAH!" His speech had brought back the team's spirit. They were ready to face the world once more. Practice went on as usual, just more lively this time.

---

The pouring rain didn't seem to stop. 'Ugh, on a weekend,' the blond haired girl internally groaned as she made her way to the park. She was glad she was reminded to carry her umbrella.

The girl made sure she wasn't followed by anyone, but it seems the rain raptured her focus and vision because not long after, a curious goggle-wearing soccer player walked into the park. 'Why is she so cautious not to followed?' He asked himself as he made his way into the park.

She was sitting on a back-to-back bench, which wasn't wet because it was under a shade, waiting for someone. A few minutes later, a black haired male sat on the other side, back facing her.