He was too young.

Tw/W?: Angst, mention of trauma, nightmares, Limbo, mentions of Limbo, hell.
---------------------------------------------

Tubbo yawned as he flipped the sign to closed. He'd been working night and day and it was about time he got some rest. Heading to the burger van Wilbur and Ranboo built, he grabbed Ranboo, and headed home with him. "Tubbo?" Ranboo asked. Tubbo blinked.

"Yeah.. Big man?" He yawned.

"What do you think Tommy is just... Thinking right now?" He asked unexpectedly.

"Huh?" Tubbo blinked once more. What kind of question was that? He could be thinking anything right now. "I mean- he's been through a lot, so it'd be kinda hard to think of something good.." Ranboo added slowly. Tubbo nodded, thinking deeply.

"Well, from all the shit he's been through, y'know... death, isolation, seeing his brother go apeshit and die and having to see the ghost, losing the ones he trust most.. I'd think I agree." Tubbo sniffed a bit, his ears pinning to his fluffy hair. Ranboo grimaced.

"But... You also caused his suffering in a way-" Ranboo began. "Wait-! No- sorry! I didn't mean it like that.." He added almost instantly. Tubbo sighed. "No, it's fine, big man. It's true," He let out a small chuckle before continuing. "I chose to exile him. It was me. My choice." Tubbo sighed at the blame he put on himself. But it was true, really.

Ranboo shifted uncomfortably before getting closer to Tubbo. The rest of the walk home was silent. A deadly, stinging, burning silence. Their talk would stick with Tubbo. Tommy really was young. Young like him, and Ranboo. Too young, Tubbo thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I hate you! You fucker! You're nothing like me.. I don't even know how we were friends." Tubbo looked around. It was a dark void. Only a dim light shone on him and his best friend-- Tommy. "Wh-Tommy? Is that you?" Tubbo could hardly see. And he wasn't even sure it was Tommy he was talking too.

The person in front of him was see-through. They had dull blonde hair, and blue-gray eyes. Tubbo could hardly see them-- due to the painfully dark room, and the transparency. "Of course it's me. Forgetting your 'best friend' now, huh?" The other person spat. Tubbo grimaced.

"Tommy- no! I'd never forget you. Where... Where are we..?" Tubbo responded almost instantly. He looked around, seeing nothing other than the dim light and the other person. Heck, he couldn't even see himself. Tommy let out words that only fell from the mouth of one. One he hadn't spoken to in a while.

"Limbo"

"L-Limbo?? Like.. Wilbur's Limbo?" Tubbo sputtered. He couldn't believe it. Limbo? They were in Limbo? "Yeah," Tommy shrugged. "This isn't my Limbo, no. This is yours." Those few words left Tubbo trembling. His Limbo...? "Then- then why are you here? And why am I here? Aren't we alive..?" Tubbo felt sick. Sick. A sick joke. A sick joke played to fiddle with his brain.

Sick.

Sick.

Sick.

Sick.

Sick.

Sick.

Joke.

"I'm here," Tommy cut himself off with a wrenched laugh. De-formed laugh, quite like Wilbur's. "I'm here to remind you of all the dumb shit you've done. You're a clown, Tubbo. You put on a show, going out, doing things you think will help your reputation... But really Tubbo... They only make you worse."

Tommy was right.

This really was Limbo.

A hell. A place no one would want to be.

"You're no one, Tubbo. Wilbur should have never chosen you for president of L'Manburg. L'Manburg deserved a better president. Maybe if it had one, it'd still be here. Maybe if it had one, everything would be fine, and you would be someone. But, no. You're no one now." Tommy finished with a huff.

"No. No no no no no no no no no no no!" Tubbo cried, as the sound of fireworks drowned out his words, as Tommy's wrenched laugh once more sounded.

"You're no one, Tubbo!

" No one."

"No one."

"No one."

"No one."

"No one."

"No one."

"No one."

"No one."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tubbo shot up, breathing heavily. Just a nightmare. He thought with relief. He looked over and saw a worry Ranboo standing over him. "Are- are you okay, Tubs?" Ranboo asked with concern. "Y-Yeah... I think so.." Tubbo replied. He could see his hands now. His voice wasn't echoed anymore.

"You were screaming in your sleep. Lucky Micheal didn't wake.." Ranboo chuckled a little. "Wha... What time is it?" Tubbo blinked. "3:38... Why?" Ranboo asked. "Nothing... Just... Wondering. Where's Tommy?" Ranboo looked back at the door. "He spent a night, remember?" He looked back at Tubbo.

Tubbo felt sick again. He stood up instantly, racing to his bathroom and throwing up in the toilet. He wiped his mouth before flushing it, and washing his hands. He groaned. "Tubs? Please, tell me what's wrong..." Tubbo looked back to see once again, a concerned Ranboo at the doorway. He walked back into the bedroom and sat on his bed.

"Tommy..." Tubbo sputtered out of his mouth. "What about him?" Ranboo asked, raising a black brow. "You were right.. Tommy was too young..."

Tommy was too young for this.

Too young for war.

Too young for ghosts.

Too young for death.

Too young for isolation.

Too young for fighting.

And evidently, too young for the world.
-------------------------------------------------
Hello 🙋‍♀️
Why did I decide to do this
Idk if you ask me
I just wanted angst
Alr I'm getting back to the high school au

Words: 887