Scared of losing you

Liam's POV

Since Fallon's coma, I'm always scared and weary about her health. It sometimes scares me so much that I don't sleep at night and keep watching her breathing steadily, I sometimes even shake her awake, just to make sure she awakens and is fine. I just hope she doesn't realize my insecurities.

Today I'm getting extra anxious because Fallon said she'll be late after a meeting, and now it's 11, and she's not home yet.

Pacing around the hall, I keep dialing her number and find it off. My anxiety hits the roof and all the thoughts of something bad had happened to her keeps floating in my mind.

As the time passes, I feel my breaths getting short and sweats cover my forehead as my chest tightens.

Come on, Fal. Hurry up.

I rub my palm over my chest, trying to gasp for air when I hear the front door click open, I see a figure approaching through my blurry vision. I grab the round table to support myself as the figure rushes toward me.

I collapse to the floor and feel two arms wrap themselves around me and pull me to a warm body.

"Hey hey, calm down, Liam. It's alright, baby. Take deep breaths, deep breaths, sweetheart." The soft, soothing voice of my wife fills my ears and immediately relaxes my racing heart.

I try to follow her voice and feel her fingers running through my hair, eventually I calm down and take larger intakes of fresh air.

"Hey, what happened?" She asks after I have calmed down, her hands holding my face and her blue eyes filled with concern. "Are you okay?" She kisses my head.

I nod. "I got scared."

"Of what?"

"You were not picking up my calls, I thought, I-I thought something happened." I choke the words out, feeling my eyes tinge with tears.

She hugs me once again, holding me close and placing another kiss on the top of my head.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry I worried you so much." She says, "My battery died. And I gotta change the tire of my car in a station on the way that's why I was extra late. It won't ever happen again."

I nod once more, drained from the panic attack earlier. She helps me stand up and we make it to our room.

I lay in the bed while she changes and returns to me, cuddling to my side. I play with her fingers as she lays her head on my chest.

"Does it happen often?" She asks, eyeing me with her beautiful eyes.

"What?" I ask.

"You getting scared of something happening to me?"

I remain silent, I can not worry her with all this. She's enough stressed with work, and it will only harm her more.

"Please baby. Share with me. I deserve to know and help you."

"It does. I can't sleep thinking you'll get hurt and I won't be there to help you, I can't do anything when you're out of my sight which is all day. I'm sorry I'm such a loser-"

She stops my ramble with a peck on my lips then pulls away to hold my hands in hers.

"Don't say you're a loser because you worry about your wife. I love you, Liam. And I understand. Really." She kisses my hand before continuing.

"The same thing happened when you lost your memory, I kept getting scared that you'll forget me once again and go to Ashley. But I got myself some good talking and eventually I got better. Although I did it on my own, but I am here for you. I will help you, and for this I'm ready to put my work aside for a while."

"Really?"

"Really."

I smile and cup her face to press a long and loving kiss on her lips.

"Tonight, you'll sleep first and I'll watch over you." She drags me down and pulls the comforter over my body.

I hug her hips and snuggle closer to her body warmth, sighing and closing my eyes.

She hums softly while her fingers stroke my hair. I feel content and safe in her arms and smile, falling asleep peacefully in so long.