𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞!

𝐘/𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

A large hand settled reassuringly on my shoulder. Carefully, slowly, not to upset me further but to give me comfort instead of more worries.

"We're gonna find him.. I promise you!"

I sigh before meeting his promising eyes.

"Don't promise, if you might break it", my voice sounded shallow, making me look back into the distance.

Thriller cupped my smaller hand in his larger one. I felt a small smile form on my face as he chuckled slightly. Warm breath hit the cold skin of my ear, letting the feeling of warmth flow through the rest of my body as well. A chill reminded me that it was just a feeling after all, but I didn't care.

"There's that smile I love!"

I grimaced and was about to give a cheeky reply before This Is It pulled me back to reality.

Any physical contact had previously felt forbidden, so when he placed his hand on my back, every muscle in my body went rigid. Maybe I was just too intimidated. I felt an incredibly strong attraction to him and yet I had too much respect and ended up being too shy to act accordingly. The thought of failing in front of him, of being rejected by him, sounded too painful to even consider trying.

"We're in the same boat. If you don't give up, neither will I", honest, beautiful brown eyes stared at me as I stared back in amazement.

"Promise me!" It almost sounded like a beg, but maybe I had meant it just that way.

"Promise!" His smile reached to the bottom of his eyes, letting me know it was born out of true joy.

An equally true smile grew on my face as his hand slid down to my waist. All eyes were on us and yet I let myself fall into the feeling of security. It was a good feeling for once.

-

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Her feet ached as her eyes still followed the train tracks just a few feet to her left.

Footprint after footprint had led the four deep into the forest. It had felt like an endless maze, a quest for the unattainable, yet This Is Its words were not tied to empty actions. Amazed at how far Dangerous had walked, they followed the footprints down a path paved with railroad tracks.

The offbeat idea of ​​walking the train tracks instead of continuing to follow the outside path suddenly jumped into Off The Wall's playful mind. It seemed so dangerous and yet the idea filled him with a rush of adrenaline which would serve as a good distraction.

The rumble of a train echoed nearby, causing OTW to skip his way back onto the side path.

"Don't ever do that again!" Spoke Y/N after the train sped past them.

"Will you ask me to promise that as well?" This Is Its gaze turned to him in disgust, knowing that the statement was referring to his previous conversation with Y/N.

"Put your jealousy aside", his voice spoke back calmly. A little too calmly.

Off the Wall shook his head as they continued down the path.

-

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈𝐬 𝐈𝐭 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The rain that was wetting my head felt like tiny ice cubes. I wondered why the rain hadn't formed into hail at its cool temperature, but I was glad it hadn't.