☆☆HOME SWEET HOME☆☆ (edited)

CHAPTER THREE

There was an old saying among the living folks of Bluebel for decades, "No matter how far you go, a small town heart always finds its way back home." That would make Lacey Ryan shrug, like it's an unreal intention. Has she would never considered it to be true? Until she made it back to Bluebell. She relocated to New York City to study Ballet and Broadway. She spent the following five years living up to her dreams. Then, as if it were an awful indication, Lacey found herself without the ability to dance for the next six months, with a still recovering acl injury and an intense desire for a journey back to her hometown. One Saturday afternoon, driven there by her longing for a return to her hometown, which is similar to an inner continuous . She feels drawn to go back to her as she gets closer to Bluebell's edge and observes the sun set behind the trees, and the dark rolling hills gradually fade into the sunset.

She could see some well-maintained homes through wrought iron fences, while others were all boarded up, like an abandon dream. With caution, her car ascends, and she peers down at the rough ravine that leads to nowhere. By the time she caught sight of the Rebel Roadhouse shimmering sign in the horizon. The sunlight was gone from her view. She was continuously going through the outer boundaries of the town.

She remembers that old landmark in her mind. Unconsciously, Lacey applies the brakes and activates the left turn signal. She enters the worn-out gravel parking lot just as a trickle of oncoming vehicle passes. After parking her car, Lacey sits in silence for a while before getting out. As she swings her feet out of the car, the car door creaks open, and loose gravel shatters across the sole of her heeled boots before colliding with the aged cement. She inhales deeply before making her way to the bar's door. She closed the car door behind her. Lacey approaches the wooden doors with arches. She passes through them with a small limp.

It was a dazzling pink glow that peaks through the bar's open concept. The old brick building has remained in the same location ever since the sixties, but it has grown with time. One wall had been torn out to make place for some private rooms in order to enlarge the front of the bar. Black leather booths bordered the exposed brick walls, and low hanging lamps hung over the table. A smokey glows even in the faint light of the lights. There is still a haze in the room. She was astounded to see so many more vintage advertising signs hanging on the walls than when she was last there.

She was first struck by the pungent smell of the pub, which was a combination of alcohol and cigarette smoke. Lacey exhaled deeply before stepping up to the wooden bar. Copperhead Road starts to play when the lights go down. Lacey realizes that girls were gliding across the floor, their cowboys Stomp, Stomp, Stomp to an exhilarating beat of music.

Right heel touch, forward, and right step combined with the left.

The left heel touches forward, followed by a right and left step together.

Move your right hip to the right thrice.

Right forward, kick and right hook in front of the left. Left and right stomp together.

Turn one-fourth to the left and lift off the ground.

You step kick, flex, and then move your hips around.

Right heel touch, forward, and right step combined with the left.

In the vibrant atmosphere of a crowded bar, the energy was palpable. As the music pulses, the dancers flowed effortlessly across the floor, their movements mesmerizing. Amidst the throng, Lacey stood alone, her gaze fixed on the stage.

Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of Jekyll, a familiar face from Hades Sinners. With a mischievous grin, he made his way towards her, his voice rising above the clamor.

'Why aren't you up there, darling?' he exclaimed, his words intended for Lacey's ears alone.

A sad shiver ran down Lacey's arms. 'I can't,' she whispered, her voice barely audible above the music's volume.

Jekyll's eyebrows furrowed with concern. 'What's wrong?' he asked, sipping a cold Corona as he waited for her response.

'I tore my ACL,' Lacey replies, her gaze falling to her left knee, where a bandage was tightly.

Jekyll's eyes widen with worry. He gently reached out, and he touched her knee. 'I'm so sorry,' he said.

As the lights slowly turned back on, the girls who had been performing on the bar jumped down, their act finished. Their eyes lit up with anticipation as they noticed Lacey standing beside Jekyll. They rushed towards her, eager to embrace her.

'Lacey!' they exclaimed, their voices filled with concern.

Lacey smiles weakly, grateful for their support. She explained her injury, and the girls offered words of comfort and encouragement.

'You'll be back dancing in no time,' Karter said.

'We'll help you through this,' added Capri, who's the Hawthorne triplets younger sister.

As the night went on, she couldn't help but see a black shadow moving slowly through the poorly lighted room, which surprised and intrigued her at the same time. Her heart thumped in her chest with each stride. Glancing up, she saw the figure's razor-sharp eyes latching onto hers, causing a chill to go down her spine. She recognized him instantly as the epitome of evil and uncertainty. There was an unsettling atmosphere in the room just from his presence. Her voice is so low that it can hardly be heard over the music when she says, "Hyde." She was shocked when he abruptly stopped and turned to face Jekyll, who was standing close by. Their voices could hardly be heard over the din of chaos as they spoke quietly and urgently.

There was suspense in the air as Hyde quickly disappeared via the back door once more, leaving her to wonder what had transpired between them. She observed her friends on the dance floor, then went back to it. The girls on the dance floor went back to their vivacious moves as if they had forgotten the mysterious encounter. Their bodies twisted and flowed to the beat of the blaring music. The infectious enthusiasm that reverberates throughout the room seems to drown out the residual stress as a result of the throbbing beats. But despite the girls' contagious happiness, there's still a persistent unease. She had been permanently changed by the experience with Hyde, and she was unable to
having the impression that something evil was happening underneath. She was filled with both excitement and nervousness, and her thoughts kept returning to that little moment of familiarity with Hyde. She had no idea that this encounter would start a series of events that would cause her to question reality and would take her down a dangerous path she had never expected. She hears a roar coming from the direction of darkness above the loud bass.