please

24th june, 1940

"happy 18th, sunoo!" the boys shouted as soon as i walked into the living room. a big, blue banner that read "생일 축하해, 선우!" (happy bday, sunoo!) hung lengthways across the ceiling. bundles of silver and black metallic balloons dotted around.

niki walked to me and hugged me tighter than he ever did before. "happy birthday, hyung."

heeseung sniffed, while wiping a tear. "my baby's all grown up!" he said.

"i know," sunghoon patted heeseung on the back. he rested his arm on a book case. "it's a shame it's our last day together."

silence.

pure,

pure,

silence.

"dammit, sunghoon? why did you have to remind us? you can't just let us have one happy moment, can you? you see, this is why we don't in-" jay started, his happiness probably overpowered by anger.

"jay- calm down!" i patted nikis back and he let go, obviously knowing i was going to go to jay. "it's not his fault you all have to leave. let's just make the most of it, yeah? c'mon, guys, sit!"

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉

"sunoo, sunoo! open mine first~!" niki said, passing his present to me.

i opened it, seeing a box of lindt chocolates - the ones we all used to love.

"i remember you obsessing over them, so i thought i'd get you some more!"

"aw! thank you so much, kiki!" i laughed at seeing him happy.

"mine next!" sunghoon shoved his present in my arms.

it's a massive box of tteokbokki kits. a massive box.

"your soul food is tteokbokki, so i got you lots of tteokbokki." he explained. i hugged him, laughing.

"thank you, sunghoon!"