1

NOTE

If you haven't read/looked at the introduction chapter do so before you start reading. thank you. Also, at the top play the music while you read for best reading experience.

_____________________________________________________

It was only Monday, a week after the news about the recent murder in Australia, and work was already heavy. Traffic was bad in the city here in New York and with the rise of murders around the world work life didn't let up the slightest.

More reports piled in leaving stacks of papers all over desks. Since the first murder almost 6 months ago we haven't gotten any new leads on the case. All we found was a string of murders around the glob.

First starting in Seoul then one in Canada, and most recent in Australia. Cases that are believed to be connected to this phenomenon we are seeing have been reported all over the world. Almost 50 different murders all over the glob.

The department has worked with many different things and are no stranger to murder cases but the recent events around the world is very strange. We've never seen so many murder reports in such a short time. It's only been 6 months since the first murder we know of was reported.

Even though there are 7 main people on the investigation team, getting information has been moving slow. You're just hopping we can get some new information to get this case back on track soon.

Though the flow might be going slow, the members of this investigation unit is one of the best out there. The 7 member unit consists of 4 FBI profilers/investigators, 2 investigators who work as undercover spy's, and one forensic pathologist. Though, one of the profiler investigators focuses on computer coding.

[7:32 am at the office]

It was a cloudy day in New York but the weather has been like that the past week so it was nothing new. Isaiah walked into the break room to get a cup of coffee as that was a normal routine for him and his coworkers. He was met by his coworker and also close friend Hoseok.

He was a lead profiler in this department as well as part of the top investigators from this unit who Isaiah also was apart of. Isaiah was THE lead profiler or investigator as well as one of the two investigators who would go undercover as a spy from time to time, as he was mostly in charge of the lead department group. 

"I'm guessing we still don't have any new leads?" Hoseok spoke up looking up at Isaiah as he poured himself a cup of coffee. Isaiah just shook his head. There hasn't been a new lead in the case in weeks.

"Did Joon tell you we are flying out to the crime scene Wednesday? He told all us last night after you left. He meant to say something before then but you know how he can forget things."

Isaiah shook his head slightly as he sat down at the small round table in the room. A sigh left his mouth as he sat down. He was up late last night into the early morning working on reports on the case. Something they have to fill out every week to keep up to date even if they haven't gotten anywhere new.

"I've heard rumors..." Hoseok trails off pausing making to see none of the staff are around. "I've heard speculations about a Mafia having something to do with this." He whispered, leaning closer to Isaiah so only the two of them would ever hear the conversation.

"And where did you hear the bullshit from Hoseok?" Isaiah scoffed with a little chuckle at the silly speculation. "Z, I'm serious. Think about it. After the background check Jimin did on all the people we could identify who were killed so far, all of them have some kind of criminal record. More than just tiny shop lifting records."