Chapter 1: The beginning

Scene: London Train Station. Up on a crossing bridge, Harry (with cart and owl) walk beside Hagrid.

A couple look at Hagrid.

Hagrid: What're you looking at? {Looks at watch} Blimey, is that the time?? Sorry, Harry, I'm gonna have to leave you. Dumbledore'll be wanting his...well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your ticket. Stick to it, Harry that's very important. Stick to your ticket.

Harry looks at his golden ticket.

Harry: Platform 9 ¾? But Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9 ¾. There's no such thing...is there? {Harry looks up and Hagrid has vanished.}

Scene: Harry is walking down lane between trains. A man rushes by.

Man: Sorry.

Harry sees a train master.

Harry: Excuse me, excuse me.

Trainmaster: {talking to woman and child} Right on your left, ma'am.

Harry: Excuse me, Sir. Can you tell me where I might find Platform 9 ¾?

Trainmaster: 9 ¾? Think youre being funny, do ya? {Leaves}

A woman, daughter, and four boys walk by, pushing carts.

Mrs. Weasley: It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course.

Harry: Muggles?

Mrs. Weasley: Come on. Platform 9 ¾ this way! All right, Percy, you first.

A tall boy with red hair comes forward and runs towards a brick wall. Amazingly, he disappears right into it. Harry is amazed.

Mrs. Weasley: Fred, you next.

George: He's not Fred, I am!

Fred: Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother!

Mrs. Weasley: Oh, I'm sorry, George.

Fred: I'm only joking. I am Fred. {He runs through the wall, and is followed by his twin brother.}

Harry shakes his head in disbelief.

Harry: Excuse me! C-could you tell me how to

Mrs. Weasley: How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well. And Miss Peters as well! {pan to a red haired boy and a girl with long black hair and a scar above her lips who smiles} Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if youre nervous.

Ginny (daughter): Good luck.

Harry takes a breath and runs at the wall. He shuts his eyes and emerges on the other side a magnificent station with a red train and bundles of people. A whistle blows, and Harry sighs with relief.

Scene: The train is traveling through unknown country. Pan to inside compartment, where Harry is sitting. The red headed boy and the black haired girl, Ron and Isabella, appears, dirt on his nose.

Ron: Excuse me, do you mind? Everywhere else is full.

Isabella softly smiles

Harry: No, not at all.

Ron and Isabella: {Sits across Harry}

Ron: I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley.

Isabella: And I'm Isabella Peters. Most people like to call me Izzy!

Harry: I'm Harry. Harry Potter.

{Ron and Isabella goes agape.}

Ron: So-so it's true?! I mean, do you really have the...the...